“Good food, bad service”

The Dandy Lion
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Went to this pub today for lunch - as it was Easter, got there pretty much bang on midday and ahead of the crowd. Despite this, had to wait for ages to be served as one bar person seemed permanently attached to the coffee machine and the other kept disappearing. When I did eventually get to place my order, here was no 'thanks for waiting' or 'sorry or the delay'. The food was superb, if a little pricey. An attempt to order a coffee after the meal failed as there was apparently 'a big coffee order' underway. The disappearing bar person seemed to be in charge - she also seemed as though she would be at happier if customers weren't there to annoy her. A real shame, as I like the pub but this has put me off returning for lunch.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We have been regulars at the Dandylion for several years and have always found the food of a high quality and the atmosphere relaxing.

Due to two new additions to our family we aren't able to go out as much as we used to, however on occasion do mangage to take our 'bundles of joy' out with us. We were always under the impression that this was not a problem as on the whole the staff seemed friendly to us and small family members.... Or so we thought.

A few weeks ago on a wednesday evening we were able to leave the children at home with their grandmother and went down for a quite meal and a few glasses of wine. We were sat in the back room next to a group of younger clientel that included an off duty staff member who bore more than an passing resembleance to Nick Frost of Simon Pegg fame.

We were absoultelty shocked to hear his attitude and supposedly that of other staff members towards parents who brought their children into the pub. His distaste of customers with children was expressed in some detail and ranged from the 'disgusting' breast feeding mothers slurping daytime lattes to parents who though that everybody should find their offspring as adorable as they did while the staff actually sneer behind their backs.

As this was the staff member who has served my two year old daughter a bowl of ice cream the week prior this was somewhat upsetting. We've been regretting biting our tounges ever since.

As several of the staff members are young parents themselves I find it hard to belive that his opinion was generaly held by all, but this experience has now tainted what used to be one of our favorite places to eat out in Bradford.

1  Thank dan V
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Delicious and Delightful. My partner had the best Venison, Port and Vinney Blue Pie she has ever tasted and I had a Hangar Steak with thrice cooked chips. Both meals were just delicious and the portions were very generous. Our waitress was bubbly and friendly.
This Pub is a must for everyone to go and visit.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We came across the Dandy Lion by walking throught the town, it was a busy bar with a good atmosphere. We managed to get the last table and the food was good. I liked that there were a number of games in the corner, so we had a game of dominos whilst waiting for our food and I liked the nibbles that were served from behind the bar. The children really enjoyed snacking on nuts, olives and salami. The food was good, a good variety on the menu and the service was good, even though they were really busy. I would recommend eating or having a drink here, the atmosphere is very nice .

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We have been to this pub a few times and really enjoyed not only the food but the atmosphere as well.