As a family we went to the Castle for lunch recently, the staff were very helpful and not too pushy. The menu was very good and catered for everyone's tastes. I had the fish and chips and the fish was superb, very well cooked and you could tell that it was fresh as it just melted in the mouth. We had our grandson with us and there were a range of games for him to play with.
We also liked the decor with the soft sofas and armchairs and the open fire, just right for a Sunday afternoon with the papers.
The only draw back is the lack of parking, only 6 spaces to the front of the pub. There are great views our to the back of the rear.
Pick this place up and place it in a sleepy village it would be a goldmine.
Will definitely go back for more.
Also the real ale selection was very good
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful freehouse pub with 4 generously proportioned luxury boutique bedrooms with stunning views over the Georgian rooftops of the pretty town of Bradford on Avon & beyond. Just 7 miles from the historic city of Bath, The Castle is set in a characterful Georgian building & has traded as an Inn for 160 years. Lovingly, sympathetically & imaginatively restored The Castle has a playful eccentricity that is Cluedo country house meets traditional country pub. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, LateRooms, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Castle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Castle Hotel Bradford-On-Avon
- The Castle Inn Bradford-On-Avon, England