“High Quality B&B”

Stillmeadow Bed & Breakfast
Los Angeles, California
“High Quality B&B”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

The first thing to say is that the hosts, Sue and Ed (and their dog, Bolli) were extremely welcoming. Everything is done to a high standard and there are lots of thoughtful touches which show an appreciation for guests requirements. The house and huge garden are beautifully maintained, and the view across the fields is stunning. Breakfast was delicious and dinner can be had at the Seven Stars, a local pub within walking distance, which enjoys a good reputation for food. This is a great location for exploring the local area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I was traveling alone and was to stay here for a total of three nights. It was a little hard to find if you are not familiar with the area, and since I am from the States, it was all new to me. Upon arrival, I was greeted by a barking dog and the proprietor, Sue. I was a little weary of the dog at first, but later come to realize, that the dog was very friendly and at times very funny. Sue was very nice, showing me to my room and to where all the amenities of the establishment were. The room itself was very cozy and homely feeling. The bath products seemed to be top of the line (I bought my own). The towels were so nice, none of that hotel towel feeling!
Later on in the evening, I met her husband Ed, he was so funny and so charming! They were very helpful in every way, (they even helped me plan a day trip to London!). The breakfast was very good, with lots of different options.
Overall the stay was pretty great!

The other things that one might want to consider:
-The B&B itself is about 15 minutes for the city center of bath
- There is a dog, so if one is allergic, this might not be the place
-There is a post office and co-op market about five minutes away by foot

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Natalie R
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We stayed at this B&B whilst holidaying aroung Statford upon Avon and Dorset. It is the beautiful home of Sue & Ed Gilby. They are a lovely couple who work very hard to maintain this amazing home. The room we had was clean and spacious with views over the gardens. Good hearty breakfast too! We had a meal at the local pub which they recommended which was really good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We stayed at Stillmeadow after our booking at another B&B couldn't be fulfilled due to the owners going overseas. That person had already asked Sue at Stillmeadow if they had a room and if we could have it at the same price.
It was a lovely stay with very pleasant and friendly hosts. Bradford-on-Avon is a very nice town and a good base for exploring Bath. Our room was well appointed, clean and comfortable and breakfast was better than your average B&B normally provides.

The black labrador at Still meadow was no problem at all, so not sure why the other people from Adelaide felt intimidated. He likes to bark to make his presence known, but he's very friendly and just likes to announce loudly that he wants a pat. We loved him and Stillmeadow, and you will too!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed April 22, 2012 via mobile

We booked Stillmeadow on the hop and were happy with the house when we arrived. The location was great for Bath without being in the larger town and there were lots of options for dinner with the Fox and Hounds pub getting two thumbs up.

Our hosts, Ed and Sue were welcoming and accommodating to requests with breakfast being plentiful and good quality. Most importantly they welcome children of all ages with our 3 year old daughter and there was another couple staying with an 8 month old baby also.

Stayed April 2012
Rayne,Braintree
Reviewed April 13, 2012

Very friendly welcome and you're made to feel at home straight away. Bollinger the dog is also happy to see you. We had a lovely en-suite room with great views of the rear garden. Location is very peaceful and we both had a great nights sleep. The breakfast choices were very good and very tasty. We will definitely return to Stillmeadow when we are next in the area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed September 13, 2011

The worst greeting I have ever had at a B&B.
I arrived at the B&B rang the bell, the door opened and a large black dog charged at me with teeth bared, barking and the hair raised up on its back, stopping just an inch from my hand where it continued to bark aggressively. I froze on the spot as that was what I was trained to do with guard dogs when I worked as a contractor to the military.
The owners assured me that that was his way of being "friendly", we disagreed with the owners’ and they seemed oblivious to the dogs dangerous and aggressive behaviour. The owner admitted other guests in the past had concerns similar to mine with the dog’s so called “friendly” behaviour and that the this had gotten worse over the past 2 years.

We decided not to stay there. I would advise others to do the same as there are many quality alternative B&B's.
As a side note:I have been around a lot of dogs and grew up with sheep and cattle dogs so I don’t have an issue with dogs, this one clearly wasn’t well behaved nor under control.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford-on-Avon
Best Western Leigh Park Hotel
Swan Hotel
Swan Hotel
#5 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon
Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel

Been to Stillmeadow Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!