“Best Pie in Wiltshire!”
Review of The Bear

The Bear
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Modern English pub in centre of small market town, the pub is famous throughout the area for it's homemade steak pies,
Tampa, Florida
“Best Pie in Wiltshire!”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

When deciding where we wanted to eat, my friend found that The Bear apparently has the best pie in Wiltshire! They DO!! We both had the chicken and mushroom (free salad bar) and a huge plate of potatoes and vegetables. It was delicious. We were visiting the area and didn't realise it was a pub, and I had my 18mo old son with me, so the barman did tell us they don't usually let kids in after 6:30pm but since it wasn't busy and since my son was asleep, they would allow it - he was kind about it though.

• Visited October 2013

“Nice pie shame about the barman”
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Having visited the bunch of grapes and got such great service from the young barman we decided to go to the bear as we had been told that the grapes had decamped to the bear. Pie was nice but sad to see that the nice barman that had been so welcoming before had left! Decor is interesting!! And we didnt like coming out onto the very busy road

Bath, United Kingdom
“Great Ale & Fabulous Pies”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The management of the Bunch of Grapes has now decamped over the road to the much larger Bear. But the pies and the real ale have gone with them, thank God. They offer the best range of mouth-watering, desperate-Dan sized pies you could ask for - 18 at last count. I'm addicted to the beef and stilton, but they're all great. This place isn't doing my waistline any good at all, but what a way to go! Oh, and if you don't like beer, the house wines are good quality and modestly priced too.

Bath
“Best pies I've ever eaten”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Saw that the Bear had a buy one get one half price offer on pie and mash during Wednesday and Thursday evenings. Popped in on Wednesday to give it a go.

I had the beef and Stilton pie and it was pound for pound the best pie I have ever eaten. Hand made and freshly cooked. It was full of huge chunks of good beef and layered with Stilton. It was so goo I went back last night for the chicken and chorizo pie which again was amazing. To top it all off the venue is ambient and buzzy and full of locals supporting the trade.

Will 100% be coming back. Well done guys and keep up the amazing work.

1 Thank philm1981