“Great lunch I recommend The Grumpy Badger - super atmosphere.”
Review of The Grumpy Badger - CLOSED

The Grumpy Badger
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Eddy thinks it is very good for lunch and cakes . I really enjoyed my lunch. The Welsh rarebit is delicious and accompanied by dressed salad. If you feel like something sweeter, they do a good variety of cakes.

Regarding the coffee, it is a less chocolatey- type of bean which comes down to personal choice.

2  Thank Marianne343

Reviewed August 2, 2014

We chose this cafe for a lunchtime snack as the menu appeared extensive, we were really hungry and there were plenty of tables. We should have realised the reason for this. The food took about 25 minutes to arrive - fair enough although we would have been happy to share my salad while the meat main course was prepared. My husband had the Badger Special Burger which was dry and overcooked and despite being really hungry he declined to finish this. I had the prawn, mackerel and avocado salad which although attractively presented had some very strange dried cabbage ? additions. To round off the visit one of the waitresses chose to grind what must have been a week's worth of coffee beans making it impossible for customers to talk.
We will not be returning.

Nina C, Owner at The Grumpy Badger, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Hi patpgr,
I am so very very sorry that you didn't enjoy your visit, I can only sincerely apologise on behalf of the whole team. We would have been only too happy to put it right, if you had brought it to our attention at the time of your visit. I don't know what day you were in, nor the specific circumstances that caused the issues. However, I will personally discuss the points you've raised with chef to ensure that we learn from your observations in the future. Regards. Nina

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Such a great cafe! Nice atmosphere, beautiful food and lovely setting. We had full English breakfast which wasn't greasy, just good quality food which was well cooked. Service friendly.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Went in with 4 adults, 2 kids under 6 and a dog. Lady serving could not have been more helpful despite being busy. Lovely atmosphere, cool decor, very clean and most importantly- amazing food. Our new fave place.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

My daughter and I enjoyed an afternoon break here yesterday. The service was very good and our cakes were fresh and enjoyable. The prices were reasonable and I am happy to reccommend this establishment.