This B&B is undeniably beautiful but we were expecting space and tranquility. This is not the case. It is at the end of a short, very narrow road shared with the neighbours who overlook the property. It is all very squeezed in and the neigbours were unfriendly and did not smile back at us or acknowledge us at all. We got the distinct impression they were fed up of having guests tramping down their road and that words may have been said with the owners in the past!
As soon as we arrived we were sat down and forced to read the full page laminate with detailed map showing where we had to park (you had to park in the first marked bay, if this was full move to the next one and park against the wall so that the door won't open and crawl out of the passenger side etc). We could not use the jacuzzi after 10pm. We had to ask for a key if we were going to be back from dinner after 10pm. You are not given a room key when you arrive. All the rooms in the B&B are left open...!! It's all a bit strange considering you are paying well over £100 for the night! Not what we expected. It's not a very relaxing environment with so many rules and regulations. If you don't like feeling you're in detention don't stay...if you live by strict regulation you will love it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Converted stone tower windmill with spectacular views over Bradford on Avon - a small B&B in a private home. Round room, round bed, round house or a suite - bedroom with style Gothic iron bed, sitting room and bathroom as well as a gallery bed for adventurous children. Imaginative breakfast menu for adventurous eaters carnivores, vegetarians and vegans. Close to Bath, Longleat, Stonehenge & Kennet & Avon Canal. Walkers, cyclists and small car owners especially welcome to save the world and keep grumpy owner happy! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Bradford Old Windmill Hotel Bradford-On-Avon
- Bradford Old Windmill On Avon
- Bradford Old Windmill Bradford-On-Avon, England