“excellent food”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2013

good price, good quality. Vast range of food on menu includong vegetarian which I love. Not too expensive, better than the cafe down the road. Nice warm welcome.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The gas for both ciders was gone but the elderly barman wouldn't have it. I pay again for a beer as i couldn't drink the cider. The glazing starter platter was inedible due the olives not being drained off their brine. Chef's response? That's all the olives I have! The vegetables at dinner were over cooked and cold and the hake would have made a great insole for my shoe. If it wasn't for the professional and helpful lady in charge of the restaurant we would have refused to pay. She didn't charge us for the grazing plate and offered me a glass of wine. What happened to such a lovely food pub with such great beer and cider?

4  Thank Wiggyhefalump
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We finally visited the Plough when the rain stopped, and immediately regretted not going sooner!
There aren't many proper pubs left round here (something between gastro-silliness and spit and sawdust) but this is a top place and we get a brilliant welcome every time.
The food is good and even though there are only a couple of veggie mains, just ask and they will see what they can do.
If you like proper ale, you will appreciate the fact that they actually care about the beer here, which makes a change from serving decent ale at lager temperature!
The only downside is the instant coffee after your meal, but I'm sure we can persuade Debra and Kieran to buy a machine eventually :->.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

How refreshing a proper pub , great food , comfy seats , great service , a menu in English , and you can take your dogs ! Fantastic nothing more to be said.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Arrive late our first night so bar lady phoned for a a curry arranged some drinks for us to take away. For me this is excellent customer service, Returned on the saturday and had food from there restaurant. which was excellent.