“Great Working Lunch” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hartley Farm

Hartley Farm
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London / Wiltshire
“Great Working Lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2014

Visited Hartley Farm's cafe on a Thursday lunchtime for a quick working lunch, lots of mums and babies, but still plenty of room. Great service and a good range of hot food, including the haddock chowder (highly recommended). Lots of free parking, great service, and easy to get to etc. Would recommend.

• Visited May 2014
Tom B, Owner at Hartley Farm, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Hi there,
Thanks you for posting your kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit and were well looked after by our team! Thank you also for taking the trouble to give us this much appreciated feedback!
Look forward to seeing you again soon

Trowbridge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An expensive let down”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

My family and I went to Hartley farm for their Bank holiday Monday event. We knew it would be busy, so accepted the long queue to order our lunch. We heard the food was excellent so thought it would be worth the wait. Boy, were we wrong! My husband ordered the vegetarian breakfast without mushrooms. He recieved 1 sausage, 1 egg, half a tomato, and a piece of toast. We thought this was a rather sparse offering for £5.99. My fennel and carrot soup with lemon ricotta cream was delicious, however had the consistency of baby food rather than a soup. The most risible offering was my son's macaroni cheese, which I would have been embarrassed to bring to the table. He had a bowl of cooked pasta with grated cheese on top! We were charged £4.70 for this, and neither I or my son were impressed. We will not be eating there again, which is a shame as they make the most delicious coffee. We understand that they were very busy on the day, but there really is no excuse for the standard and quality of the food we had.

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Claire L
Tom B, Owner at Hartley Farm, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Hi Lisa,
Firstly thank you for taking the time to provide some feedback on your experience, I am sorry you didnt enjoy it as much as we would have liked you too. Thank you for also mentioning the day you came, due to the sunshine we were hugely more busy than expected which did mean the pressures the team were under were a lot greater than usual. However I am sorry to hear you felt the quality of your food wasn't up to standard. I will speak to the kitchen team about this and see what we can do to improve. Our food is made from scratch using quality and where possible local ingredients which does make us slightly more expensive with some dishes that your average cafe but we don't want to be an average cafe! We feel we offer great value for our dishes which is more important to us than offering cheap dishes. We get largely great feedback on our menu and dishes you mentioned but please be sure to know that if we do fall short we do our best to improve. Should you wish to call in again please let me know (tom@hartley-farm.co.uk) and I would love the opportunity to apologise in person and try to make it right. I would like to think the recommendations you had initially are what we deliver on more often than not!
Very best wishes
Tom Bowles
Maraval, Trinidad
“Great food and an interesting place to meet new people”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

We are looking to buy property in the area and visited the cafe twice in March. The first time we just had a cup of tea and enjoyed the sunny glass fronted restaurant area. The second time we went back for lunch and the place was heaving with people. No where to sit. We ordered and asked a couple who were occupying a large table if we could join them. It turned out that this couple didn't know one another either but were sharing the table. We had a marvelous time in conversation and enjoyed the food too. Now we are hoping the purchase goes through and we'll be back.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Tom B, Owner at Hartley Farm, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Hi,
Thank you for your comments. We're really glad you enjoyed both of your visits. We love that you ended up having great conversations with strangers as we love bringing people together over great food, it's what makes us happiest! We are lucky enough to have a great community around us and hope also the purchase goes through so you can join us!
Best wishes and hope to see you again soon.
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
“Family friendly, great staff and delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Hartley Farm cafe is a lovely place with good food and generous portions. I have a small baby, and a group of us (mums and babies) occasionally meet here for lunch. I commend the staff for their patience navigating around all our car seats. It must be daunting, yet they've all been very friendly and patient, so thank you!
Would love to see some vegetarian salads on the regular menu, but other than that there is still a good veggie selection, and the quality of the food is top notch.

• Visited March 2014
Tom B, Owner at Hartley Farm, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you very much for your comments, we're really pleased you enjoy visiting us! I will pass your comments on to the team!
Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A bit dirty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

Visited for cup of tea only so can't comment on the delicious looking cakes. Have been many times before. Haven't needed to comment until now but the floor was absolutely filthy and tables left with the debris of previous occupants. Signs of a frantic lunch I guess but we were there at 3 and it wasn't so busy so time to whip a broom round and keep on top of clean up.

Visited February 2014
Tom B, Owner at Hartley Farm, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Hi,
Thank you for your review and feedback. We are sorry that the floor wasnt up to standard in terms of cleanliness when you visited. It is a problem from messy lunchtimes with tables being quickly reoocupied. I can assure you though that this particualr issue is being resolved at the moment and so thank you for bringing it to our attention. We're really glad you enjoyed the other aspects of the business and hope to see you again.