“Excellent for Coeliac”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Excellent for Coeliac”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

First time in the 6 years we have lived in England I can truly say I felt included in all parts of the Menu, being allergic to wheat and gluten is very often not catered for in the UK. The set menu was limited but almost all was gluten free. I had the pork terrine with the most delicious g/f bread baked locally, fabulous,shin of beef melt in the mouth then a choc mousse that was so lovely to look at you nearly couldn't spoil it by eating it, Great service lovely setting, set menu was so cheap, but was presented in such a way you felt you were very special and everything tasted amazing, lots of detail and effort far out-weighed the cost. I can't wait to go back, the 1 hour drive will only wet my appitite. Recommend to all ages.

• Visited October 2013

Evesham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic value set Lunch!”
Reviewed September 19, 2013

To-day my wife and I traveled all the way from Evesham to Bradford-on-Avon, to pay our good friend Vito a visit and have a spot of Lunch. After a nice glass of Joseph Perrier champagne and a little gossip, we chose the set Lunch, (a bargain at only £ 16.00 for 3 courses!). Although not offering a large choice, it was a first class Lunch and I must say: that apart from an excellent presentation, the flavors of each individual ingredient, were fresh, clean and precise. To me, those are the signs of a classical trained Chef (Marc Salmon), who is able to make very good use of lesser cut and not too expensive ingredients to their full potential.

By pure chance, to-night, Vito was hosting one of his regular excellent 4 course "Wine Dinner" in collaboration with Champagne Louis Roederer, Bordeaux top Chateau Pichon Comtesse de Lalande and Ramos Pinto Port. Much to my delighted, Vito personally opened and offered a preview tasting of the Roederer Vintage and 3 of the Pichon Wines to partner my Lunch. It was brilliant!...

The Three Gables is e very good example of when Kitchen and Front of House work together as a Team.... for the benefit of the Customers.

Thank you Vito, Marc and all the Staff for a memorable Lunch.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank italian186422
Richmond-upon-Thames, United Kingdom
“What a lovely restaurant in a lovely town”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We went to the Three Gables with friends we meet once a year. They live near Bradford on Avon and are regulars. This was our first visit there...but will no be the last.
Sicilian owner, Vito Scaduto, and chef Marc Salmon have created the perfect combination of a well presented restaurant with outstanding locally sourced food.
Between us we had a first course of Wiltshire Ham, tomato soup and smoked salmon mousse. This was followed by a tasty fish of the day and an outstanding Wiltshire pork belly.
The two course menu was £12 per head and REALLY good value for money. If you are in Bradford on Avon, visit the Three Gables. Service was prompt and the food looked and tasted wonderful.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank SergeLourie
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great lunch in relaxing surroundings”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Fantastic lunch, 4 of us had the 3 course lunch special, all really tasty ( thanks john ) , presented lovely and served excellently by the friendly staff and as usual a warm welcome from vito the owner. Great atmosphere too with birthdays being celebrated, the husband being one of them. Thanks all

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank cath1964
somerset
“Now it all makes sense”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

By the title of this review, I mean that all that stuff which annoys everyone who goes to mediocre restaurants with pretensions - the little drizzles of coloured coulis next to roasted flower-petals, etc. - actually MEANS something at the Three Gables.

Here is where I admit that we won two free vouchers to the Three Gables at the Bath Boules charity raffle (before they had actually opened), and that we wouldn't normally go out and spend £200 on a meal, 15 miles away from home - cheapskate that I am.

Even with the vouchers, we still spent around £80 on wine and extras, but this was certainly not regretted.

The food is some of the best I have ever eaten, and the service (what seemed to be three waiters per table, plus wine-waiter) was also a perfect balance between constant attention and leaving us alone to enjoy ourselves. At no time did we feel as though we were about to be jumped on, although whenever our glasses needed filling, there was the waiter, filling our glasses.

I am not going to pretend to be an experienced and dedicated foodie, but this place left us feeling as though we had been properly nourished at the same time as having had a truly great culinary experience. We will be going back soon, I hope.

• Visited September 2012