“Consistently the best in the area ...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Three Gables

The Three Gables
Cuisines: British, European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Somerset
“Consistently the best in the area ...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

My husband and I with two friends visited the restaurant last night for our friend's birthday and we were able to enjoy our meal on the lovely terrace in the sunshine. Yet again our meal was superb with excellent service. We eat here maybe once every couple of months and it remains one of the best "special occasion" restaurants in the area. It is by no means the cheapest but everything from the decor through the wine list, the welcoming staff and inviting menu is pitched just right. The coconut and pineapple parfait I had last night was like the poshest and loveliest Arctic Roll I've ever had and was to die for ...

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank SomersetFarmgirl

Devizes
“Classic French al a carte with impeccable & attentive service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

My wife & I decided to visit the Three Gables after walking by and reading their menu box on the outside of the building. The food is certainly not cheap but there were good options across a wide range. We were casually dressed and thought that we might be under dressed for a restaurant of this type and price. We were made to feel immediately very welcome, the service was professional as well as being warm and friendly.
The staff were knowledgeable about the cooking, food and wine and were able to recommend dishes. Not a great deal of vegetarian alternatives but lots of choice for all others. Well worth recommending.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mphillipsDevizes
Bath, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Only Restaurant in BoA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is the best restaurant in Bradford on Avon by a country mile!, I have been a regular user since it opened. The interior is elegant, neat and tidy and the exterior gardens are sunny and well appointed. The staff are always welcoming and ensure that you feel at ease. The maître d' is very knowledgeable and will assist on a choice of wine fit for the meal of your choice regardless of price.
I took a client for lunch here recently and he enjoyed it immensely, the lunch menu is very reasonably priced and the food excellent.

1 Thank Redbud1959
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A taste of heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

A beautifully fitted-out building with friendly, attentive staff, a delicious menu, beautifully presented, knowledgeable sommelier and not too pricey given the quality of fare. Choice of set menu or a la carte - both excellent. We have visited several times and feel overwhelmingly lucky to have such a wonderful restaurant within walking distance of our home!

1 Thank sukey111
Bath, United Kingdom
“Best restaurant in Wiltshire!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

After trying several restaurants in the area The Three Gables is the only one that stands out as excellent to me and the one that my husband and I keep returning to on various occasions. The decor inside is beautiful and in perfect keeping with such a charming building. Lovely to always see beautiful fresh flowers in the entrance and everything so well presented. I have always felt very welcomed by the very friendly staff whose service from start to finish is always excellent. I have been there for lunch and dinner several times and each time I have been pleasantly surprised by such a wonderful menu and delicious food. I will be returning here very soon for what I am sure will be another excellent meal.

1 Thank EmilyJBC4