“First class dining”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“First class dining”
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Arrive a little early for your reserved table and you will receive complimentary canapés whilst you wait. The service is attentive but not intrusive. The menu is interesting and the ingredients of a high quality. There is a good wine list. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening with friends. The restaurant is capacious and located in the centre of town near the River Avon. We were to park opposite.

Visited April 2013

Wiltshire
“Just been back and it is still superb”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

My wife and I have just been back to the Three Gables tonight and it still delivers really good food and a great atmosphere.
We both had dishes off the fixed price menu my wife had the goats cheese starter and I had the Cod, both were great. We then went on to have the Mullet and the Pork Belly for the main. Far from being a leathery piece of fish - I think this is how a previous reviewer described it, my wife's fish was succulent and really terrific. My Pork Belly was just great and the clever poached eggs were great fun. We both had the pannacotta at the recommendation of a friend who had had it recently - delicious. We finished off with coffee and petit fours. We had a lovely time, the staff were delightful and attentive and the wine, a fleurie was just wonderful. Well done the team at The Three Gables

• Visited April 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“puts bradford on avon on the map”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

You start with a beautiful setting, and a fantastic old building done beautifully, style and elegance a perfect match for what has to be said a fantastic meal. Looks and tastes AMAZING. Owner and staff cant do enough to make your dinning perfect. The wine selection is endless and what a selection. It puts Bradford on avon on the map for fine dinning!
The only thing it's missing is it's michelin star?

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Terrystokes
London, United Kingdom
“Don't waste your money”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Over-priced and self-important. After some pleasant but unexciting amuse-gueules my expectations for the main course were optimistic. But £19 for a small portion of leathery red mullet, marred by diced beetroot - in vinegar - in the veg, was unacceptable. When asked for feedback about the food, one of our guests drew attention to the strange inclusion of spiced popcorn with their Moroccan lamb. Instead of a 'I'll give your feedback to the chef' she was challenged as to what it was she didn't like - the texture, the flavour - fair enough, but the questions were delivered a tad defensively. Equally my own enquiry about what exactly was the tutti-frutti in the tutti frutti baked alaska, was met with a patronising explanation that tutti frutti meant all fruit in Italian (err, I knew that). Desserts however were good, but by then all faith in the restaurant had gone. The bill for 4, for 2 courses à la carte, with two glasses of wine, a couple of ginger beers (didn't mention that these were diluted) - £150+. Save your money for somewhere good and less pretentious. If we hadn't had guests I'd have sent my red mullet back and been rather more challenging. I just vowed never to have the experience again.

• Visited February 2013
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
“good meal.”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Parked the car to look for a restaurant in Bradford-on-Avon and found this lovely restaurant straight away. They found us a table although they were very busy - it was Easter Saturday Night. The Service and food was excellent and the wine menu was extensively expained to our neighbouring table. Would definitely go there again - if we go to that area.
The restaurant was minimalistic and modern but very comfortable.

• Visited March 2013