“Sublime”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I can't recommend this place highly enough. The staff are slick, professional and highly knowledgeable. The food is excellent, prepared with great care and delicious. My scallops with cauliflower and curry oil was the nicest starter I have had anywhere. The place itself is beautiful and tasteful and the three piece jazz band made for a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere. It is fairly pricey here, but you certainly get what you pay for, we could not have been looked after better and can't wait for our next visit. Go here and spoil yourselves....it's worth it.

1  Thank Peanuts1010
There are newer reviews for The Three Gables

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The welcome, decor and service alone would be enough to give the Three Gables 5 stars in my book, and that's before a single bite of their excellent food. The attention to detail is faultless and better than some "top-end" hotel/restaurants I have been fortunate enough to experience in the past. No hesitation in recommending a visit.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Having walked past The Three Gables countless times, we stopped by on the off-chance for a rather late Saturday lunch. We were extremely impressed with the food: deceptively simple dishes - like pork belly with cauliflower & curry oil and rice pudding with apple compote - were perfectly executed. We felt that the portions were extremely well balanced for midday and, although we were being treated by friends, the bill seemed very reasonable for food of this calibre. Having been a crumbling empty shell for many years, the restaurant is thoughtfully restored, combining the inherent wonkiness of the old building, clean lines and comfort. The service was efficient but, if we were to have a single niggle it would be to say that the waiters were only just the right side of frosty. Yes, we were a little late to be arriving for lunch (about 1.40pm) but we didn't exactly dawdle. However, everything else about the meal was unalloyed 5 stars. We shall certainly be back and might even be greeted with a smile...

1  Thank s1mpkin
Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were at a loss as to where to have lunch on Saturday and we thought a trip out to Bradford-on-Avon might be a nice change ... It was that simple choice that lead us to the doors of this superb restaurant. Looking at the menu board by the front door was almost enough but the recommendation of the tall stranger who politely told us it was a great place to eat was the tipping point and in we went. We probably could have guessed that it was the owner who met us inside this fabulous old building by the courtesy and warmth of welcome but, after our stay, I'm delighted to say that all the staff share these characteristics and it is "a warm welcoming" restaurant. We ate upstairs in a magnificent room with views across the towns famous bridge and, with everything at the right pace and with an air of calmness and serenity we were guided through the luncheoning process. They serve Peroni, my favourite lager and my female guests assured me that their wines (one red and one white) were superb. The menu was not over-facing but imaginative and, as is my wont, I chose a starter that I hadn't had before " warm vegetable salad" which was just delicious. jan assured me that the soup was splendid and Anita's pâté was also adjudged to be first class. My pork main course followed the same exemplary standard as did the lady's beef and, when it came to desert, the choice once more were varied and diverse. Anita and I chose a wonderful panacotta flavoured by an obscure South American bean which was devastatingly different and subtly gorgeous whilst Jan,s apple desert was also reportedly excellent. With a great jug of coffee to finish with and a bill that was about the only thing all day that wasn't breathtaking the whole lunch experience was delightful and one that we have avowed to repeat again and again even though the return journey is approximately 90 miles. Well done to the whole team who have (and are continuing to) create a wonderful gastronomic haven in this beautiful town.

1  Thank Baritone747
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Took my husband for his 40th, lovely seating downstairs with warm welcome, disappointed with vegetarian options! Oh look it's risotto ! Table we were given felt like we were sat in the corridor, food is lovely but the waiter service was shocking! Saying no more!

3  Thank Halls300