“Room with a view”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Looks like a lovely restaurant and we were expectant of good food. Food was just ok. However when I went to the ladies I was horrified to find that the window was not Frosted in any way but was a normal large window with a net curtain. With the light on people on the outside terrace and those outside smoking had a good view of all that was going on in the loo.

I told the waitress and asked if they were aware and she smiled and said the manager knew! I found this really upsetting.

6  Thank Fleur1012
There are newer reviews for The Three Gables

Reviewed September 21, 2012

4th visit. Fantastic value and much better than anything in Bath. Food was excellent, we all had different choices. Excellent wine selections. Worth the Trip.

2  Thank Qualitymonster
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Looking for a light lunch we initially thought the Three Gables would not be interested. The manager welcomed us in and we thoroughly enjoyed ou lunch based on the strater menu. The fixed price two and three course menus looked excellent value and we could well be back

Reviewed September 17, 2012

A visit to the Three Gables restaurant was one of the suggestions we had received from staff at the Beechfield House hotel; I found the restaurant as lovely has had been described.
The food was of a standard I had never experienced before - I have never eaten at a Michelin starred restaurant (which I believe Three Gables is working towards). I ordered a vegetarian meal -mozzarella and roasted tomatoes risotto. When it arrived it looked very 'pretty' and I enjoyed eating what was a very tasty and delightful meal with plenty of flavour and was light enough for lunch. It was served with warm bread and fresh butter. I didn't have a dessert but was tempted!
My husband had the poached chicken with pasta and was impressed by the look of the dish (multi coloured tagliatelle and fresh vegetables) which was very tasty and was just the correct size for lunch. He did give in and had an ‘Eaton Mess’ dessert which looked like no other he had seen before. It had three different presentations of raspberry flavours and fresh ones as well.
We found the staff to be attentive and efficient – a wonderful meal all round and we will return if we visit Bradford on Avon again.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We chanced on the Three Gables after a daytrip to Bradford on Avon from London and enjoyed a meal that would rival any fashionable restaurant in the capital. A three course fixed price dinner for less than £30 per head was fabulous: imaginative combinations of flavours, beautifully presented, and a decent choice on the prix fixe. The staff could not have been more welcoming and helpful. Other reviewers write of cold food, little of it, and poor service: maybe things have changed since their visit. And it's handily located almost opposite a free after 6pm car park. Get down the M4, Londoners!