“Damp room”

Best Western Leigh Park Hotel
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have previously stayed in this room.

Room smells very musty & damp. There are stains on the carpet, stains on the wall and peeling paintwork and wallpaper in the bathroom and on the ceiling. Very disappointing as I had stayed in the same room a few weeks earlier. At the time this room was described by the staff as 'not really suitable for guests'. It was only offered then as a replacement for another room which had issues with a leaking shower which could not be turned off. I stay here on a regular basis and the hotel can be lovely, but the quality of the rooms is very inconsistent and they don't seem to value their regular clients.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank JohnnyInk
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Dear JohnnyInk

Thank you for your review. I must admit I was disappointed to read your comments regarding your most recent visit. Having stayed with us on five previous occasions this year and being very satisfied it was indeed very disappointing to read that your sixth visit did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is most welcome and I can assure you that it will be discussed with the management team at the hotel so that any shortcomings with that particular guest room are addressed as quickly as possible, to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience for all future guests.

We truly do appreciate you choosing our hotel when visiting the area and I would like to assure you that your next visit will indeed exceed your expectations, as the management and staff at the hotel pride themselves on the level of service and the facilities the hotel offers. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel general manager prior to your next visit so that we may arrange a time to discuss your feedback and most recent visit in person, to ensure your complete satisfaction, as with your previous visits.

Thank you for choosing the Leigh Park Hotel, we do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Best regards

Reviewed April 16, 2014

This hotel came as part of a walking holiday package, so when I saw the photos I was delighted and when I foolishly read some of the reviews, I was starting to wonder if I'd made a huge mistake. All I can say is, I genuinely don't understand the bad reviews. The building, grounds and views are beautiful, and the facilities were very good. My room was clean and well-supplied, bed comfortable and heating adjustable, the bathroom was light and airy and equally well-supplied.

Despite there being weddings underway on two of the days I was there, the hotel staff were helpful and friendly and made sure our small party of 12 was looked after and that we had our own space to relax. Breakfast and evening meals were very good with lots of choice. It wasn't just a lucky experience for me, the rest of the group also had very positive things to say about this hotel. There were minor niggles (noise from the wedding guests in the outside smoking area or leaving late at night) but these were on the whole brief and no fault of the hotel. In fact, it's one of the quietest hotel rooms I've ever stayed in - no paper-thin walls or ceilings in this building! Would I recommend it to family or friends? I already have!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2014

Dear Steampunkette

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that you and your party thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you found the hotel, grounds and staff very welcoming, friendly and helpful throughout. I would also like to thank you for your recommendations and assure you that your feedback and comments will be passed on to the management team and dedicated staff at the hotel and I know they will be all very pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the Leigh Park Hotel, we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you all back again soon. Should we be able to assist you with any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly or via our website.

Best regards

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Lovely place and location is fantastic. Decent sized rooms and plenty of parking. Bit of a walk into town but doable. Better if you have a car. Shame about the breakfast staff who put a sour note on the stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Dear Tim J

Thank you for your review. We are very proud of our Georgian period property and it is always a pleasure to read when our guests have enjoyed their stay with us and take advantage of our location and the surrounding area and all it has to offer. The dedicated staff at the hotel are fortunate to receive many positive comments with regards to their commitment to customer service, I will be sure to pass on your comments to the management team at the hotel so that we may maintain and improve our standards and services for all future guests.

Thank you for choosing the Leigh Park Hotel & Vineyard, we do hope you will visit us again soon and should you require accommodation in the area again please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly or via our website so that we may personally assist you with your next reservation and assure of a comfortable and enjoyable experience.

Kind regards
Leigh Park Hotel & Vineyard

Reviewed April 4, 2014

A lovely hotel, where the grounds continue to improve. We have stayed in the barn conversion which is fabulous, but the rooms on the upper levels of the main house need a bit of tlc. Breakfast in the conservatory is a treat.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2014

Dear Liz D

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our gardens and grounds continually improving. We take great pride in the presentation of our period property and it is always a pleasure to read when a guest has enjoyed our picturesque location.

I will pass on your comments to all concerned who I know will be very pleased to read them. Thank you for choosing the Leigh Park Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards

Reviewed March 21, 2014

For starters I stay in at least 2 hotels per week so I know what I am talking about.
Stayed here for 2 nights this week.
Firstly no heating due to a function had turned the thermo down and no one at hotel had bothered to check it until we told them how freezing we still were at 7pm even though we were told at 4pm that it was on a timer and would come on between 5 and 6.
Ambience was very very dirty. Room skirting had not been hoovered in months and dead spider on curtains. dirty towel on floor when we walked into room so obviously no one checks what housekeeping do. Housekeeping chuck sheets and towels on landing and you have to literally walked over them - VERY dangerous.
Food was bland and over priced (minimum £25) with little menu chose with no mood - 0/10
Stayed in bar during the day and no one bothered to ask if i wanted a drink or food and when I eventually got a coffee, no one returned to clean up mine and other guests dirty cups etc.
On the second night ventured to a pub 15 mins walk away (nearest sign of life) and this was better experience in 2 hours than we had in 2 days.

Room Tip: If it is raining try not to get an outhouse as you will get soaked getting to main building if you d...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Terry S
LatonaLeisureGroup, General Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Mr. Sparkhall

I am somewhat surprised by your comments in the TripAdvisor review relating to your recent stay at the Leigh Park Country House Hotel & Vineyard.

Despite staying two nights at no time did you raise your concerns to any member of my team who would have been only too willing and able to deal with any problem or address any concerns.

I am confident that the standards of cleanliness in this Hotel are to a very high standard and this is reinforced by a Visit Britain inspection which took place on the day you departed – and as previous years we achieved the maximum marks for cleanliness and your room was one that was inspected after your departure!! In fact he was so impressed with the standards of the overall quality of the Hotel he raised our percentage score to a very high 75%.

In addition he also commented on the food served in the Restaurant saying “the content and presentation was what I would expect in a four star Hotel”.

We are very proud of the standard of food served in the Restaurant – everything is cooked fresh to order with locally sourced produce delivered daily – all meat supplied by the local organic farm just two miles up the road!! We use all fresh vegetables all of which are prepared in house, bread is homemade, all desserts and ice cream homemade – I could go on.

I apologise for the mistake regarding the heating in your room – it was myself who you spoke to when I discovered the thermostat had been turned down – this was a genuine mistake for which I called you back and apologised.

Given that you stay away on a regular basis I would like to invite you back to the Hotel when I would personally like to meet up with you to discuss the concerns.

Pamela Duckett

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We have just returned from this lovely hotel,we had a room in the coach house ,which was modern and clean ,plenty of beverages left on tray and milk .
A short walk or Drive to Bradford on Avon and a short Drive from Bath so good location.
Breakfast was of good quality and choice.
All staff we saw in restaurant were very pleasant as were people on reception .
We Would, and have already recommended to others,we will certainly be back if returning to area.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

Dear dido50

Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be returning when next in the area. I will pass on your feedback to the management and staff at the hotel who I know will be very pleased to read your comments.

Thank you for choosing the Leigh Park Hotel, we do look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Should you be visiting the area again please contact the hotel directly or via our website as we would personally like to assist you with any future bookings or offer any assistance or advice.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 19, 2014

We chose to spend our 51st wedding anniversary visiting Bradford on Avon and were fortunate to book with this hotel. The service we got was brilliant, nothing was too much trouble. The friendly staff arranged flowers and a bottle of fizz to be waiting for us on arrival together with a surprise bottle of the hotels own wine suitably inscribed which we really appreciated.
Our room was on the second floor and viewed from outside the building looked as though it would be an attic style.
However this was not the case, it was big with a four poster bed, plenty of space and everything clean and tidy.Food was delicious both evening and breakfast with plenty of choice.We also enjoyed superb weather so were able to wander around the lovely gardens and vineyard
Bradford itself was just over a mile away so easily reached by car. We have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for that special occasion.

1  Thank Tony S

Dear Tony S

Thank you for your review. It is always a pleasure when a guest chooses our hotel to celebrate a special occasion and I was very pleased to read that we could help make your 51st Wedding Anniversary that little more memorable and enjoyable. I will be sure to pass on your comments to all of our dedicated team and I know they will be pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the Leigh Park Hotel and should you be visiting the area again please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly or via our website as we would personally like to assist you with any future bookings. We do look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford-on-Avon
Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel
The Moonraker
The Moonraker
#1 of 4 in Trowbridge
Premier Inn Trowbridge Hotel

Been to Best Western Leigh Park Hotel? Share your experiences!