“Wonderful Bay Window Views”

Best Western Leigh Park Hotel
Evesham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Bay Window Views”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights for a peaceful rest away from the rat race. The welcome of Lucy the Head Receptionist was a good start. Our room was ready even though we were a little early. The room was really spacious , a lovely décor with period furniture, pristine white bedding and lovely fluffy towels in the bathroom, with a wonderful huge bay window overlooking the surrounding scenery around Bradford on Avon, the hotel was in a good elevated position, Nothing was too much trouble for the reception staff. The breakfasts were lovely and the breakfast staff were so efficient and helpful. We would certainly recommend this hotel and will hopefully be returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with bay window at rear of hotel ... well worth the view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Dear Annie282013

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that you and you husband enjoyed your 3 night stay with us and that you found the hotel ideal for a peaceful and relaxing break.

We are indeed very lucky to be situated in such a prime location that offers commanding views out over the Wiltshire countryside and yet only a short drive from the Georgian City of Bath. I will be certain to pass on your comments to Lucy and all other members of our team that helped make your stay so enjoyable and memorable.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel & Vineyard and we do hope that we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
St Albans
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Sixteen golfers stayed at the Leigh Park for a weekend's golf at the very nearby and outstandingly good Cumberwell Park Golf Centre. We were made to feel very welcome by all the staff and were given the use of a private room for the two dinners over the weekend. The food was very good indeed, nicely cooked and presented and good sized portions. The dinner menu for our group was preordered for the first night and then at breakfast for the second. Breakfast itself was also very good and from a buffet with an good range of options backed up by freshly cooked boiled, fried and poached eggs if you so desired.
A special word for the staff who really went the extra mile in providing service particularly as there was a problem with the draught beer pumps in the cocktail bar over the weekend necessitating a lot more work in providing these drinks from another bar some distance away. All done with a smile which was great!
The only criticism would be that as this is a building of considerable age, the plumbing is not entirely fault free and if checking in as a group simultaneously and all taking showers pretty soon afterwards, the flow rate and water temperatures can be erratic.
Having said this, I was encouraged by my fellow golfers to repeat the tour at some stage next year and to use the Leigh Park because everything else is really very good.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Goodtraveller

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent visit to our hotel. I was delighted that you and your fellow golfers thoroughly enjoyed your stay and found the hotel ideally located for Cumberwell Golf Club and our staff welcoming, friendly and helpful throughout.

I will pass on your comments and feedback to all of our dedicated team that helped make your stay so enjoyable and I know they will be very pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel and Vineyard and we look forward to welcoming you and your fellow golfers back again next year. Should you require any additional information on special rates for retuning guests or the areas golf courses and other attractions please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly.
Reviewed September 25, 2013

We had our wedding on 23rd August 2013 and the staff, the hotel and food was amazing. Our wedding was wonderful and the staff are a real credit to the overall service. Great value and great customer care.

• Stayed August 2013
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Rebecca L

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your wedding here at the hotel. I was delighted to read that you both thoroughly enjoyed your special day and that our dedicated team could help make it that little more memorable and enjoyable.

I will be certain to pass on your comments and feedback to the management and staff who I know they will be very pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, we wish you all the very best for your future together and do hope we will see you again soon.
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights total and used this as a base to tour the Bath area, Very easy to recommend a stay especially as a base to tour the area.

Staff were very welcoming and room was luxurious in the old world style overlooking the manicured gardens which includes a small vineyard.

By pure chance we shared a cab from the local station with one of the staff who was very polite and courteous even before he knew we were his customers.

Free Wi-fi was a big bonus in this day and age and the network was quite fast and reliable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Leigh Park Hotel, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Truglife

Thank you for taking some time to review our hotel following your recent visit. I was delighted to read that you found the hotel and staff welcoming, very friendly and helpful throughout your stay.

We are, as you mention ideally situated to explore the Georgian City of Bath and the surrounding areas and we are very pleased that our dedicated team could help make your stay so enjoyable and comfortable. I will be certain to pass on your comments.

London
Reviewed September 22, 2013

we booked 5 rooms for colleagues staying in Bath on business. The hotel is a half hour drive from Bath, especially in rush hour- but the price for B&B is similar to what you would pay in Bath.
And its very hit and miss- I had a reasonable room and thought the hotel was OK, but my colleagues were freezing in their top floor rooms where the heating seemed to either not be on, or not reach the rooms very quickly when it was turned on. One staff member offered to swap my colleagues room for his own room, which seemed helpful beyond the call of duty! The electric fires offered had broken plugs!
Several rooms had very low water pressure in the shower- when commenting on this at reception the reply was "when everyone turns them on at the same time....." Duh- it is a hotel!!
Service looked a little over stretched when breakfast was busy, took forever to order a pot of tea.
I felt quite sorry for the staff, it just seemed like they couldn't quite get the front of house right. The hotel looks lovely and the views are just fabulous, but the efficiency of the facilities just don't match up to the environment. Not really worth the £100 a night, especially being so far out of Bath.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear herbertherbert

Thank you for your recent review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed our hotel and found it in keeping with the original character and architecture, whilst offering some fantastic views.

The hotel is located in Bradford-on-Avon and ideally located for visiting the city of Bath, being situated only 7.4 miles from the centre of Bath the drive only takes around 15 minutes, however as you mention this can be extended during peak times.

We take all guest comments and feedback very seriously to ensure our guests a comfortable and enjoyable stay, I would like to assure you that you feedback will be discussed and any points that require attention will be addressed and rectified where necessary. We really do appreciate you constructive comments.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel, we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We used this hotel for celebrate my parents 60th Wedding Anniversary. We would like to thank the hotel staff, especially Louise events co-ordinator and Chris duty manager on the day of our event, who helped make the celebration so enjoyable and special.
Everyone really liked the venue and as the weather stayed fine were able to explore the beautifully kept grounds. It was also very useful to be able to get out onto the terrace.
We won't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a great venue with lovely surroundings and a dedicated staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Thejanners

Thank you for taking some time to review our hotel following your parents 60th Wedding Anniversary celebrations. I was delighted to read that you and your family thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and found it an ideal venue for hosting such a milestone celebration.

I will be sure to pass on your comments and feedback to all of our dedicated team who helped make your experience so memorable and enjoyable, especially Louise and Chris, who I know will be delighted to read your comments.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel & Vineyard we do hope to welcome you all back again soon.
Kidderminster
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Stayed here for two nights at £100 per night.
Biggest gripes first. Room cold on arrival. Radiators not working so they provided a decrepit oil-filled radiator. That said, the room did then warm up by bedtime.
Luxurious shower cubicle but trickle of water and on max temperature was just about warm enough. Shower tray outlet clogged so the shower tray slowly filled up with water. Bathroom itself had no extractor fan so everything became steamed up and unpleasant.
On leaving I raised the concerns about water pressure only to be told that there might have been a lot of other people showering at that time. I noticed however that there were only 6 cars in the car park and very few people at breakfast. This is a dreadful excuse for a hotel charging £100 a night. Don't they realise that this will be read on Trip Advisor?
More gripes. Breakfast un-inspiring. I tend to just have muesli; theirs was OK but little in the way of making it more interesting - there were remains of some fresh fruit salad, a bowl of plain yoghurt and some prunes. No option of adding nuts, seeds, fresh pineapple, etc, which I frequently get at smaller, cheaper, B & B's. My colleagues who had cooked breakfasts reckoned the porridge was good but said their bacon was tough (they also had problems with their rooms being too cold).
There are no health/recreational facilities (swimming pool, gym, etc)

The positives: My room was certainly very clean and the bed was most comfortable and had plenty of pillows. Set away from the road so no traffic noise. Staff courteous.

Conclusion. This is all a real shame because the setting of the hotel is stunning, the grounds are lovely and there is great sense of history to the place. It seems to promise so much but fails to deliver. Cannot recommend it at that price. £60 nearer the mark.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor rooms - people can see in from the car park
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear wolverleytech

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay with us. I was very surprised to read your comments regarding our hotel and the facilities we offer, however I was very glad to read that you found the hotel setting ‘stunning’ and in keeping with its heritage.

I would just like to take a moment to address your comments and thank you for your feedback. We have been very lucky that the weather has remained relatively warm throughout September, although I understand that some people do prefer to be a little warmer, this is why during some of the milder months we do offer our guests the option of supplementary heating and I was glad to read that we could help achieve your preferred room temperature.

All guest rooms are individually designed and decorated many boasting large en-suite bathrooms with walk-in showers, I do apologise for any inconvenience caused due to any issues with the water pressure, I would like to assure you that we have investigated and rectified any problems as to ensure our guests a full complement of facilities.

I was disappointed to read your comments regarding our breakfast service as many guests positively comment on the variety and selection available. We offer a full English breakfast along with items cooked to order and a selection of cereals, fresh fruit and Greek yoghurt, to accompany these we have a number of toppings available such as sultanas, pecan nuts, candied pineapple and dried banana chips. I do apologise if the toppings had not been replenished when you arrived for breakfast.

Unfortunately the hotel does not offer any leisure facilities and we do not advertise as such, I do hope that you were aware of this prior to booking.

I was delighted to read that you found your room ‘very clean’ and the bed ‘most comfortable with plenty of pillows’, as I previously mentioned all of our guest rooms are individually designed with a full complement of facilities for our guests to enjoy.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Leigh Park Hotel & Vineyard, we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly should you require accommodation in the area at any future point and we will be only too pleased to offer you our Best Rate Guarantee.

Travelers are raving about these Bradford-on-Avon hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bradford-on-Avon
Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel
#1 of 1 in Beanacre
The Polebarn
The Polebarn
#3 of 4 in Trowbridge

Been to Best Western Leigh Park Hotel? Share your experiences!