We were looking for a last minute place to go for the weekend with our dog and, through an agency, we booked this hotel. I didn't realise until too late that the whole place is geared towards kids - perfect if you're a parent, less so if you're looking for a little R&R but that's my fault, not the hotel's.
Arrived late due to traffic and were greeted very warmly. All we wanted to do was collapse that night so we didn't really see much of the building until the next day. We were staying in West Gable - top floor of the main house. The room was delightful - quirky with lots of (very hard if you hit your head on them) beams but - for practicality purposes, sticking people with a dog on the very top floor wasn't the greatest thing. It was a lot of steps when the dog needed to go out very early morning!! Having said that, it was probably easier for us to be there than someone with a pushchair.
Breakfast was nice - quite a lot of choice but no full English bizarrely - and the only thing that let it down was the parents who have lost their ability to manage the level of their own voice when their kids aren't there to be shouted at. I know I'm being grumpy there - I'm sure if I was there with kids, it would have seemed perfect but it might be an idea to have some tables set aside for people without children - we weren't the only couple who heard more than we wanted to about 'Dahlia playing swingball instead of eating her croissant'.
The grounds are just lovely - manicured but not overly so. Plenty of outdoor games for kids (which we also played once the kids were in bed), and an outdoor pool that looked very inviting. For parents - the pools (in and out door) are available for children to use at all times. For adults without kids - beware - the pools (in and out door) are available for children to use at all times and are therefore in no way relaxing!
Didn't use the spa but it looked lovely. The walled garden was interesting - shame the eggs had all sold before we got to them!
Great location , really accommodating and friendly staff and next time I'll be prepared for the braying parents!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A family-friendly hotel, restaurant and spa set in 14 acres of lovely grounds on the edge of Bradford on Avon and the Cotswolds. Freshly cooked food from the walled kitchen garden, comfy country bedrooms, open fires, children's club and ELEMIS spa with two swimming pools. Pets welcome too! Only 15 minutes from beautiful Bath...ideal for a town and country break. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Woolley Grange reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Woolley Grange Hotel Bradford-On-Avon
- Woolley Grange Bradford-On-Avon, England