“Not interested....”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2013

This restaurant has now closed.

Went with a group of friends last Friday and was incredibly underwhelmed by both the food and service. I think they were just not interested knowing the place was closing after the New Year. Such a shame really as we've had good meals and service here before.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

After hearing good things, we went here as a couple for a birthday meal. Wish we hadn't! The fish starter was low quality, not real crab as described. They messed up the veggie main. The beef main had to be sent back, the meat was so tough it was inedible.

Staff were unhelpful and seemed to try and avoid accepting that there was a problem.

We ended up leaving and going to a pub instead to finish our meal out.

Would not recommend - low quality and poor service.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Enjoyed a 2 course lunch with good coffee here last Saturday lunchtime. All was delicious and presented well. Excellent value.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We frequently pop into the Oriental Express for a quick, spicy lunch and it never fails to be excellent. There's much more on offer than the standard pan-Asian fare, including inventive but authentic noodle dishes. Ideal for both ladies-who-lunch (of either gender...) or those with heartier appetites, as you can just have a light starter or pig-out on more substantial dishes. The service is always very attentive. Highly recommended.

1  Thank s1mpkin
Reviewed October 17, 2012

My husband and I went to the Orient Express for a lovely lunchtime treat to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We received a pleasant and warm welcome, the restaurant had a great atmosphere and the food was absolutely fantastic!

We decided to try a different starter each - my husband had the Japanese Platter and I tried the Duck Spring Rolls - that way we could both sample a bit of everything. When they arrived, they looked very appetizing and we were not disappointed, everything was delicious!

My husband then had a "Weeping Tiger" with extra noodles and I tried the Red Thai Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice (having never had coconut rice with my curry before) - both meals were absolutely scrumptious!!!!

I can't tell you what the desserts were like as we were both so full we couldn't manage anything else.

All in all it was an excellent meal and we will definitely be going again (hopefully very soon)!!!!!

1  Thank GeoJP