“Best steak I have ever had” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Longs Arms

The Longs Arms
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Bar scene, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Longs Arms is a beautiful country pub serving cask ale and fresh seasonal food in a relaxed environment with warm and friendly service. We are located in the heart of the lovely village of South Wraxall – just 3 miles from the picturesque town of Bradford on Avon, and 7 miles from the historical city of Bath.
Chicago, Illinois
“Best steak I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

Took my mum here for a meal this weekend, purely based on the reviews from here and they are accurate!

The pub was a gorgeous hybrid of a pub and a restaurant- the charm of the former with the finishing touches of the latter and an OPEN FIRE!

The staff were really friendly and approachable.

The food was locally sourced which i love and the staff knew all about it the different foods and sides.

The food tasted incredible and was brought quickly- we had Steak and fish mains, Ice cream deserts and smoked salmon and welsh rarebit starters- I cannot fault any of it. The wine list while not extensive, was of good quality.

I have one tiny niggle- the time it took for the lady to take our order- a bit too long I am afraid- other than that i cannot fault it!

Tampa, Florida
“Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

My friend and I were visiting the area this past weekend. We both had the chicken with duck hash and corn. It was delicious! As was the brownie desert and the complimentary chocolates. It was favourite meal the whole 4 day weekend trip. The staff were friendly, and the atmosphere pleasant.

Corsham, United Kingdom
“A very pleasant experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We'd wanted to try this pub for some time and once we made it there we weren't dissappointed. The staff were highly attentive and the food was delicious. The only improvement which would secure a returnvisit would be the provision of a dedicated childrens menu to the same standard as the main menu. They were more than happy to provide smaller portions of the main menu and adapted the dishes for a kids palate too. Great place.

Visited October 2013
South Wraxall
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very good food with great service, shame it's a Wadsworth pub.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Very good food, great flavours with originality, well thought out menus. My sirloin was perfectly cooked, almost filling my plate, the flavours stayed with me for hours, and everyone should try the Leboneese wine on offer.
To find all this in such a small village, a real gem.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Steve R
Bath, United Kingdom
“We're so lucky this is our local!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Eat here about once a month sometimes have just a snack (usually the cheese fritters) or sandwich other times for a proper meal. The twice baked soufflé is amazing and the slow cooked lamb is the best dish I've had in months. Ingredients are seasonal and locally sourced and homemade chocs arrive to sweeten the bill. We'll deserve their place in Michelin guide.