“Map reading failed us..............”
Review of Seven Stars Pub

Seven Stars Pub
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are a countryside Free house Pub Serving a great selection of Food & Drinks. We cater for all groups, children, dogs, disabled and those of you who have allergies especially gluten/coeliac. All our food is local made with fresh ingredients allowing us to change the menu when needed by our customers. We have a big car park and an outside pub garden for those sunny days!
Larnaka City, Cyprus
“Map reading failed us..............”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Heading for Freshford we took the wrong turning and arrived in the delightful village of Winsley.
Try somewhere different we agreed as we pulled into the Seven Stars car park adjacent to the pubs attractive gardens.
We were greeted by the friendly landlord who gave us a very warm welcome. The pub was full with people enjoying their Sunday lunches and the garden area was busy too with everyone enjoying the summer sunshine and attractively served meals. The pub and the gardens are extremely well kept and we chose to sit outside.
We enjoyed our chilled wine and were delighted with the food we ordered. It was beautifully presented by efficient, thoughtful and friendly staff and was as tasty as it looked.
It was pure chance we found this gem of a place and will certainly return very soon.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent lunch”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I visited the Seven Stars for the first time in a couple of years to meet some friends for lunch. I believe it is under fairly new management. The staff were very welcoming and the food service was prompt, despite ten of us turning up unannounced over thirty minutes or so. I had grilled sea bass, followed by the white chocolate and orange cheese cake. Both were delicious. Prices were reasonable, about average for a country pub in the area I would say.

• Visited June 2013
“Excellent experience in Winsley's up and coming gastropub”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My partner, my sister and I decided to try this up and coming gastro-pub for a mid-week treat and we were so glad we did. On arrival, I was enthused by the varied selection of real ales. We studied the menu whilst enjoying our drinks in the pretty beer garden at the front of the pub. Deciding on food was hard as there was a tempting array of choices on offer. The menu caters for meat lovers, fish fans and vegetarians equally with at least fifteen well thought-out dishes, sporting a good mixture of locally sourced produce and fresh fish. We were then showed to our table where we ordered two king prawn starters, mackerel pate, rack of lamb, and two steaks. Personally I had the mackerel pate and lamb with dauphinoise potatoes and roast veg. The starter was excellent, served with fresh bread and delicate beetroot crisps. The lamb was beautifully cooked and the potatoes were divine, a real melt-in-the-mouth experience. My companions enjoyed their succulent sirloin steaks which came with all the usual accompaniments. Despite the good portions, there were clean plates all round! We felt fairly full afterwards so we opted for a brownie and profiterole duo to share amongst the three of us. This came expertly presented and with fresh strawberries and chocolate sauce. This could have been a bit much for one person, but as we were sharing it did not last long. Prices were very reasonable with the food coming to £60 for three quality starters, three mains and a pudding to share. I would advise booking a table in advance as it seems to be pretty busy, even during the week. Throughout the staff were friendly, warm and attentive, without being overbearing, which is a difficult balance to strike. Overall a lovely experience and we will be back!

Never Mind
“Overpriced, poor food, and somewhat pretentious”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I visited the Seven Stars on the recommendation of my nearby B&B and wish I hadn't. The menu looks extensive but had little to appeal to my fairly uncomplicated tastes. Settling on a fish pie, and being told it was now off the menu, I had the decidedly odd experience to stand at the bar making my second choice while a later arrival - no doubt more favoured - ordered exactly what I had just been told told was no longer available. I settled on ham and eggs, which when it arrived was quite ordinary, but not the stuff of a great meal. The worst thing was the sweet - anticipating a pleasant "standard" I asked for chocolate and orange cheesecake. What arrived was decidedly odd, not very nice and expensive, being a mass of whipped flavoured cream on a dry biscuit. Some attempt to jazz this up further had mixed in strawberries and mint leaves and garnish - complicating an already overcomplicated confection.
The place itself is hardly welcoming, was almost empty apart from some elderly braying "Henries" and the decor uninspiring. Not a place to return to - a teashop would have done a better spread at half the price.

5 Thank Serendipidious
Bradford-on-Avon, United Kingdom
“fantastic Sunday lunch”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Visited the Seven Stars last Sunday and glad we had a reservation as the pub was very busy and a lovely atmosphere.
The Bath Ales beers were excellent as was the bottle of red that accompanied our meal. The roast beef was cooked to perfection,the vegetables and yorkshire pudding were delicious.
The sticky toffee pudiing is probably the best i've ever tasted and i've tried a few.
All together this was one of the best Sunday roasts i've ever had and i shall definately be returning soon.