“Great steak”

Ranked #36 of 81 Restaurants in Warminster
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Best rocket and parmesan salad I've ever had, followed by a great steak. Perfect end to a long day. Wouldn't recommend ordering scrambled eggs for breakfast as they are clearly not made to order.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

Loved the food and the menu choices. Very good selection of vegetarian food (not that I'm one) with a separate menu if needed. My daughter is vegan and a lot of the dishes were not suitable so they made her a special dish - and it really was no trouble, so kind.
However, they have 'designer' (sic) plates which are like a little bowl with a wide rim. Trouble was that this meant that everything had to be in the bowl part which meant ingredients weren't separated and so everything could seem a bit like a stew. If you tried to use the rim the plate tipped over. Next time (and we will be going again) I'll ask for my food on one of the breakfast plates.
Restaurant staff lovely, friendly and helpful but also very professional. You can eat in the stylish restaurant, the conservatory (light and warn and smart) or outdoors - but perhaps not in December!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a bit cheeky since I have eaten breakfast only here with a monthly meeting of an organisation. An average of 60 plus people are served via a buffet ,hold the meeting and are out well satisfied in an hour and a half.Efficient and very pleasant.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I booked a table of 8 for lunch to celebrate my fathers 89th Birthday and was slightly taken aback when I advised the person taking the booking that one extra family member might join us at short notice and received the reply that that would be a problem as the staff like to make sure the table is set up well in advance.

The 8 of us arrived and where "greeted" by a very surly fellow which didn't bode well, in fact it pretty well set the tone for the customer service for the rest of the meal with one exception (young blond waitress did her best). The food was reasonable, but so very slow in getting to us. No one bothered to come and take our pudding order so I went to find someone to take our order and got a very stressed response ...yes yes I'll be there in a minute. After a couple more minutes we decided to go but the waitress then turned up and was insistent that we had to stay for pudding, which we did, feeling pretty uncomfortable. The pudding was excellent but the whole experience was a disappointment due to the unpleasant atmosphere created by the staff, they seemed much more interested in looking after their spa guests who I assume are regulars so guess from the attitude that non regulars are not welcome. We have celebrated many family occasions at Bishopstrow over the past 20 years including a fabulous lunch for my parents 50th anniversary but something has gone dramatically wrong at this hotel & I suspect it will be a very long time before we return.

1  Thank Coffeefanatic13
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Just had a wonderful sunday lunch at bishopstrow house with hubby for our 1st wedding anniversary. Food amazing, and they gave us dessert for free. Service was brilliant cant fault anything about this place..I cant believe we havent been before now!Will definately be going back.