“Loved the pool” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Center Parcs Longleat Forest

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warminster
Center Parcs Longleat Forest
Wales
“Loved the pool”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

Spent a weekend with my husband and 10yr old daughter. She wanted to spend all the time in the pool and we booked her Aqua jet that she loved.
This also meant that we were in the pool complex before opening so had the chance to select great chairs for the day!!
We ate out and Hucks was our favourite, and pancake house our least favourite. They got our order wrong and so by the time they changed my daughters pancakes ours were cold - also it was very expensive, so we were disappointed. That was the only negative though so we had a great weekend.
My favourite thing of all was the fire in our accommodation - I'm so glad I bought the wood packs, it really made our evenings perfect!!
Every member of staff we spoke to was polite and seemed genuine, so you are definitely doing something right there!
We Would recommend this place and will be back, if I ever win the lottery I'm having a tree house :))

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,158)
Newbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Quiet holiday for 2, staying in one of the new Woodland Lodges in the Fir area. Clean, tidy and well presented - could not fault accommodation. We bought food from home so only ate out a couple of times but did not feel like we were missing out due to comfort of lodge. A fair distance from the central area, but suited us fine as we got good use out of our hire bikes and sampled the land train a couple of times. Impressed by the pool, especially the warmth of the outdoor area on a chilly December evening! Spent most of our time cycling/walking/swimming, and only booked Adventure Golf and Bowling - both good service and an ideal way to pass an hour.
Only downside would be breakfast at Café Rouge - received a very slow and unenthusiastic service, from the time it took to catch a member of staff's attention so we could sit down; to the 30 minute wait for our bill to be delivered. Not impressed! Dexter's however, was a much better service with friendly, welcoming staff.
On the whole, would recommend our Lodge type and Longleat Center Parcs itself, would definitely come again but will avoid this branch of Café Rouge in future. Also would be interested in looking at the Spa/other activities.

Room Tip: Woodland Lodge 684 - ended up with a 2 bed for just 2 of us, but same price as a 1 bed so excellent...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thatcham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Just returned from 5 days at Longleat.This is a first for myself and my wife to a Centre Parcs. We went with our daughter,her husband and their 4 year old daughter. A great time was had by all, I CANNOT AGREE WITH LAURA-JO M and her review. Staff were very friendly, accommodation was very good, site was very clean and well looked after and we had no problem with the food. Centre Parcs are to my mind are a family venue only, as my wife and I are in our sixties we would not go unless like this time,we could take a small person.

Room Tip: Some Villas/bungalows, can be a long way from the pool,therefore a long walk or bike ride if you wan...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Another return visit for me and my family, with a centre parcs newbie in the group this time!
Fab 3 bed 2 story in Ash.....old style in decor, but clean and had everything we needed apart from a decent frying pan! Stair gates both ends, great when 18 month old niece let loose.
Lovely xmas atmosphere, managed to fit in adventure golf, pool, swimming, bowling and spa - twice! visited Rajinda for the first time, fabulous!
Will be trying the new Woburn village next year, booking within 28 days of this visit for best prices, as moving to the area and will be nice to visit a new village.
Will be visiting the Centre Parcs villages for many years to come.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Reading the last review I can't believe it as we have been in November for the last four years and have always commented on the fact that all staff were so friendly and attentive - admittedly we were five adults but we love it - going to book again for next year. Take away was great on the Monday night strada on Tuesday one of the best Italian meals I have had. The sports bar is great value on Wednesday with all Burgers two for one and we all love hucks. Villa (should be called chalet as villa a bit posh ) was a bit dated but all around being renovated so next year hopefully we'll have a more modern one. New for this year was Segway - being in my fifties a bit apprehensive but loved it - wanted to bring it home with me. We were down in fir quite a distance but that is part of the fun as we hire bikes and get a lot of exercise and in the evenings we use the land train cold and uncomfortable but does the job.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Kidderminster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Appalling customer service! As long as center parcs have your money that is all they care about. Went to whinfell last year for winter wonderland and was blown a way. This year at longleat was a complete let down, complete lack of decorations and the atmosphere. Broken snowmen and reindeer in santas village to name a few things that was god awful about this site. Being made to stand outside in the freezing cold for ages with 3 very young children to see Santa who then made my child cry by giving my eldest an extra chocolate for being good. The magic night at pancake house food was appalling! And it is not as advertised at all. Really let down for how much we paid. And do center parcs care. No they don't. Responding with a comment saying they don't usually get complaints. Err really??? I'm complaining. But you have my money and I've Been on holiday so what should you care?!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Laurajo1980
linda_pike, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Hi there, thank you for posting your review following our recent direct correspondence. As previously stated we were so sorry to hear of your disappointment. I would reiterate that your feedback is valued and your views will be taken into account during future decision making.
Kind regards
Linda Pike
Guest Services Executive
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were here to celebrate a special birthday. There were 3 generations in one lodge. We were a bit apprehensive but needn't have worried. There was loads of room - 4 bedrooms all en suite and with its own balcony. There were 2 fridges and very adequate cooking facilities which we used as we knew it would be expensive for 6 adults and 3 children to eat out. We used the pool area a lot - with children in the day and adults only in the evening. We hired bikes for us all to get around, its been a long time since I last cycled! The "girls" used the spa which is amazing - highly recommended. All in all, a great family short break.

Room Tip: We were in 100 which was within walking distance of the pool area.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank 186220Linda
linda_pike, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
It’s great to hear that we exceeded your expectations and that all the family enjoyed your special birthday break.
I hope you will consider a return visit sometime soon.
Kind regards
Linda Pike
Guest Services Executive
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
Bishopstrow House
Hilton Bath City
#24 of 34 in Bath
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,632 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Bath

Been to Center Parcs Longleat Forest? Share your experiences!