“LOVELY SITE BUT YOU NEED VERY DEEP POCKETS”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warminster
Center Parcs Longleat Forest
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Longleat Center Parcs in beautiful that is for sure, it is huge and takes a couple of days to get your bearings. Our accommodation Ash 814 a Woodland Lodge was lovely but for £1700 for a week I would expect a bit more. I cannot fault it's location right by a beautiful duck pond and near to the Plaza/Sub Tropical Swimming Paradise but it was pretty basic although it was not a basic grade. Anyway be warned the activities are NOT included and average around £20.00 per activity for 45 minutes EACH person, so yes for a family of 4 £80.00 a pop. They make it very hard to realise for the first time visitor that it is all extra. The only thing free is the swimming area and rapids. With regard to this again be careful as the Life Guards are more concerned with chatting to each other than watching the swimmers and my husband had to rescue someone in trouble during the Wave Machine going despite people calling for help. The rapids aren't for the faint hearted or anyone who wants to be bruise free as there is no monitoring of numbers of people, limbs etc tumbling down on top of you or taking you out from behind. Great fun if you like that sort of thing I suppose, I don't.
Eating out there is very expensive, it cost us £93.00 in Hucks American Grill for 4 main meals and 4 soft drinks so take all your own supplies. the on site market is not too badly priced but we went out to Morrisons in Warminster and stocked up as every penny does count. For the smokers amongst you be warned, take your own. My husband ran out and sent me down for 20 for which I paid £9.50, yes it isn't a typing error, I coughed up as I was too tired to drive to find some cheaper but never again!
Would I go again? Probably yes on a 'deal', taking everything I could possibly need from Asda and not for a week, just a short trip so the kids would be happy to just use the free swimming. Going for a week you do need to do some activities. There is also no evening entertainment at all, nothing unless you have booked bowling for 45 minutes for £25.00 or you want to play the arcades. There is no central evening area but maybe you might like that, personally I would have liked somewhere to go in the evening to unwind and chat to other guests over a chilled glass of something while the kids made friends. This is the first holiday my very sociable daughter has failed to find a friend as there is no place really to do so. Very convenient for Longleat but another tip NEVER go on a hot day or all you see is animals lying down, miles away from you in the shade! lol It was even too hot for the monkeys. Book this on line before you go to save a fortune.
Hope that has helped. Beautiful place, bit or a rip off, short break is better

Room Tip: If you wish to be near to the swimming pool 'Ash' area is perfect
3  Thank Cathy B

Reviewed August 5, 2013

This was our 3rd visit to CP Longleat, but our first as a family of four. We all had a wonderful break (although I certainly wouldn't say we were rested on our return!!) and enjoyed being out and about on our bikes and in the woods together. Our Lodge was great (2 bed Woodland) but we decided not to pay extra to request a central location so we were a hilly bike ride away from everything, which was great for the thighs and buttocks!! We booked a few things online before we got there and the rest of the time we just chilled out. My daughter (3) loved the Baby Ballet (the teacher was just awesome!) and my son enjoyed his Mini Fencing experience too. We'll return one day, when we've saved up again!!

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Rebecca W
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We've just returned from Center Parcs, Longleat and wanted to say what a fabulous time we had! Having never visitied any of the Center Parcs sites before we were unsure of what to expect from any of it. It is certainly a thousand times better than any other 'haven' or 'butlins' site (we are regular visitors of haven and will continue to do so but Center Parcs is a league on its own!).
Yes there are a lot of extra costs but we learnt that there is so much cycling, swimming and play areas which are free that you can easily fill your days without booking lots of expensive activities. We did enjoy the Family Quiz, Badminton, Roller Disco, Walking Treasure Hunt, Medieval Golf and our most favourite was the World of Spa! Dissappointed in the Teddy Bears Picnic but it was raining and had to be held indoors, i'm sure if it was outside in the woods as planned it would have been much more fun.
The Landtrain is ideal although annoying when you literally just miss it and have to wait another 20 minutes. We did find it was a little late some days and we only just made it to one of our activities. We also came across the only rude people during our holiday on the train as they would not move from the pushchairs and wheelchair section to allow us to store our collapsed buggy even though there was room to sit elsewhere in the train, resulting in us having to walk 25 minutes back to our lodge with a hungry baby!!
I would definitely recommend booking any restaurants prior to your visit as a must. If you wish to take the chance as we did one night, it took us nearly 2 hours to find an available restaurant so we wouldnt do that again!
All the staff are extremely helpful and friendly as it seemed were our fellow holiday makers.
The swimming area was amazing and we skipped one of our activities just so we could spend longer in there!
We stayed in a Woodland Lodge which was very clean, modern and brilliantly equipped especially with the dishwasher!
It was also worth paying the extra money to be within the central area so we were very close to the Plaza.
All in all I couldn't recommend Center Parcs Longleat enough and am looking forward to booking our next trip very soon!

2  Thank 689MRC
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I travelled to Center Parcs Longleat back in September 2009 for the weekend and stayed in a comfort plus lodge. The Lodge was very clean and tidy.

The resort is very hilly so was sometimes hard to get from place to place. It is also very nice how all of the ammenities are spread out accross the whole site and are not all grouped together like Elveden is, this means that the village never feels too busy.

My partner and I also dined at Hucks and it was a lovely meal at a very reasonal price, the atmosphere was also very good and we both very much enjoyed ourselves.

I have visited most of the Center Parcs in the UK and this is persionally my favourite and I will be returning, in fact I have booked to return for a mid-week break in March 2014!

Room Tip: As the resot has lots of hills it is worth paying to select your lodge close to the village square.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sharon_Center_Parcs, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for sharing your happy memories of Longleat Forest.

With Longleat Forest being built on a hillside it does offer a different experience to our other Villages, although they all do have something special to offer our guests.

I am pleased you have decided to make a return visit to us in March 2014 and I am sure you will have many more happy memories to take home with you.

See you soon
Sharon Press
Guest Services Executive

Reviewed August 4, 2013

We had a lovely week here with our two year old. The chalet we stayed in was a little outdated and not as clean as it should have been for the money we paid! However, it was a good size and had everything we need. The pool was great but perhaps too many stone decorative areas around the toddler pool area which is a bit dangerous for toddlers. The activities we went to in the Time Out Club were great but very expensive. Great playgrounds around the park and a handy little soft play area in the sports bar. Overall a great place for a holiday but it is a little over priced in high season for what you get. We hired bikes which again were expensive but fun and very useful - the little train on the park does not operate two days a week and even when it does it takes 45 minutes to get round!

Spa is excellent!!!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I stayed here with my son for the last week of July
On arrival I was very impressed by the space and the speed of the check in we had to wait for about 10 minutes which I was happy with.
Our accommodation was about 20 minutes walk from the accommodation
The accommodation was a very high standard and it was well equipped. There was an issue with the fridge in our unit which was not fixed during our stay. It was not fixed to the fitted kitchen and every time you opened it, it nearly came out of the casing. Which was not very safe.
The park and forest is lovely but you are trapped in the park. There are lots of actibvities to do but the cost of them is outrageous.
For an example we wanted to go ten pin bowling and we were quoted £30 for one game for two of us needless to say we did not play. We waited until we got home and had three games at our local bowling centre for £18 for two. I do not know how they can justify such high prices.
My son wanted to have a go at the laser shooting game. Again we got this off site about 45 mins drive away for a much lower price only £6 for two games each.
When you have paid top money for the accommodation I would expect the activities to be more reasonably priced.
I would stay here again the accommodation was good but not in the school holidays. Its a rip off. Having said that you would not have realised most of the time that the park was full. If the activities were much cheaper this would be a great holiday. It ruined by the cost of adding extras.
The staff were friendly and the lady who cleaned are room was very polite and helpful.

Room Tip: not tips just have a room allocated and see what you get you may have to walk or cycle to the facili...
1  Thank johnnySurreyEngland
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We normally go abroad but fancied staying in the UK this year so booked 4 nights at CP Longleat for £1300. I expected to pay quite a bit once there but was shocked at how expensive everything is. For example a packet of rice I pay £1 for in the supermarket at home was more than twice that. We went to the pancake house and spent £40 on 4 pancakes and 3 soft drinks. I am happy to spend money on holiday for good service and good food and to be fair the service was generally excellent but the prices are too high. You are over a barrel once you arrive and it seems that everything is geared to squeezing every last drop of cash out of you.
That said, the accommodation was good and the staff are all excellent but if I do come back it would only be for a weekend and I would take all my own food!
Activities are pricey too. £32 for my daughter and I to paint a couple of mugs! Although I did think £25 for 4 days bike hire was reasonable.
It's a lovely site and a nice break away but not good value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Angelalm76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
Holiday Inn Express Bath
Bishopstrow House
Bishopstrow House
#1 of 3 in Warminster
Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel

Been to Center Parcs Longleat Forest? Share your experiences!