“Fantastic 1st Visit”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warminster
Center Parcs Longleat Forest
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This was my first visit to Center Parcs and we had a fantastic time, the accommodation we stayed in was Comfort (basic) but was really comfortable, warm and spacious. The kids had a great time in the Subtropical Pool area and spent most of the weekend there but found time for some other activities too. Will definitely be going back, although will look at a site nearer to North Wales next time. First impressions certainly do last!!!

2  Thank Gavin J
Write a ReviewReviews (8,609)

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We have returned to Centre Parcs year after year with different combinations of family and friends for the past 8 years. We normally book a comfort plus to avoid the washing up .

Over the past 2 visits (last year to Elvedon and this year to Longleat) we definitely feel that the maintenance and accommodation standards are slipping. There are some unavoidable things I know but dangerous lights, badly dripping taps, blown light bulbs a bedroom stinking of urine and blocked drains making the whole villa smell should be picked up by cleaning staff and corrected before the guests check in.

The accommodation looks very tired and I am surprised that it can be let to get to this stage. We felt the same with Elevdon last year and when reported, we were told that our villa block was next on the list for a refurbishment. We had the same story this year.

Once maintenance issues are reported they are fixed promptly by efficient and friendly staff but I do begrudge having to go to guests services with a list and then having to sit having a family dinner surrounded by workmen.

Centre Parcs has a very good name and certainly charge a premium I feel that they are very much starting to rest on their laurels.

It is a great chance to meet up with friends and family and enjoy the facilities but will we return next year? To be honest I am not so sure…………

2  Thank BDT13
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We went with friends, with older children and they were fine. There isn't anywhere that toddlers are safe. On the roads there are bikes and ditches everywhere. None of the restaurants and cafes have doors. The outdoor play areas don't have gates.I accept it was ridiculously cold during our stay, but we were prisoners in our accomodation.The new woodland lodge has a good specification finish, but the sofas need replacing and they need blackout blinds on bedroom windows. I may go back when they are older but I wasn't as impressed as everyone else seems to be.

3  Thank kate m

Our Villa was appalling.
It was freezing when we arrived- prompting one of many visits from the maintenance team to bleed all the radiators and check the boiler. The second complaint I have is the damp- my partner and I had the worst of two very musty damp cold rooms and have both subsequently developed chesty coughs since staying- great when I'm seven months pregnant. The second maintenance call came when we discovered an infestation of ants in the kitchen and one bedroom- again promting a call to the maintenance team who treated the areas without much success. I also have to mention the taps- a contestant leak from the kitchen and both bathroom taps- highly irritating.
No offer to move villas, no apology was made!! What an absolute disgrace! Sad to say after many happy memories and great family holidays in the past- I won't be revisiting!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012
4  Thank CompanyFarm
Sharon_Center_Parcs, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

I am sorry to read of the issues you experienced on your recent visit to Center Parcs and was particularly concerned to read that you experienced damp in your villa.

We would appreciate the opportunity to restore your faith in Center Parcs and would ask that you put your concerns in writing to us, via the ‘Contact Us’ section on our website. We will be happy to investigate these for you.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Kind regards
Sharon Press
Guest Services Executive

Reviewed March 31, 2013

we have gone to them all but this parc is the best . fantastic for children and adults ,clean comfortable lots and lots to do . we have been going here for many years the price is also going up but hey if you want nice new lodges and appartments not a run down camp site then your going to pay a little more .for spa and restaraunts make sure you book them as they fill up quick.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank thegriswaldsWales
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Just got back from our 7th visit to Center Parcs and I have to say that, in all probability, it will be our last. What were the highs? Ok, the staff are very friendly, it's clean and spacious, our accommodation had a sauna and each of the 4 bedrooms had en-suite facilities. However, all this was overshadowed by the following: poor bedroom and bathroom design, very tired decor, old-style TVs (c'mon, it's 2013!), few kitchen utensils, loo roll that would not look out of place in a penal colony, little space to put your toiletries, a mediocre shower, lots of untreated mud (immediately outside the accommodation), not enough power points, inadequate heating, poor lighting in the bedrooms and all of this at prices you would expect to pay for high-end hotel accommodation (e.g. 4 Star +). Need a plastic carrier bag to carry your over-priced grocery shopping - that'll be 15p! Fancy a bag of peanuts; (a reasonable) 49p in the shop; (an unreasonable) £1 with your beer in the bar next door! Center Parcs has lost that 'special' feeling that attracted our family there all those years ago; we'll be going elsewhere in the future and have already identified somewhere in Devon with equal or better facilities and at a price that makes sense. I'm sorry not to be sending a more positive report but my loyalty has been stretched to breaking point and I think it's important that someone from Center Parcs reads this feedback and takes note as I see from recent feedback reports that I'm clearly not alone.

3  Thank AnonSept2012
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Longleat is a beautiful location and our accommodation was perfect (we paid more for a woodland lodge). We loved the 'back to nature' vibe and the staff were all excellent. However, as with other reviewers, we thought the pool area was very tired, overcrowded and FREEZING and the price of activities, food and drink was extortionate.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Dee C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
Premier Inn Trowbridge Hotel
#2 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon
Travelodge Beckington
Travelodge Beckington
#1 of 2 in Beckington

Been to Center Parcs Longleat Forest? Share your experiences!