“Loved it, can't wait to return”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warminster
Center Parcs Longleat Forest
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
“Loved it, can't wait to return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Just returned from a long weekend just me and my partner. This was our first time at centre parcs and we loved it. We stayed in a 1 bed executive villa, really clean, the bedroom was massive along with the en suite, the lounge had an open fire (we brought logs from the park shop £10 for a pack of 3) The villa was fantastic and if I go back I would request villa 317 as it was pretty central and still tucked away. During our stay we tried a few activities - leap of faith, this was great fun and for someone who is not very sporty (or fit!!) I loved it. Laser shooting again great fun running around getting muddy (wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty), and finally roller skating, again a good laugh and fun. The swimming pool was the best pool I've ever been in, clean and lots to do, the rapids are fast and great fun. Got very busy during the day so we preferred to go in the evening this was a little more relaxed. There are lots of shops in the central area, gift, sweet, clothes, coffee shops all reasonable priced, also this is where many of the restaurants are situated, I advise you book a table, we couldn't eat where we wanted to on Saturday night as it was so busy. For food shopping the park has its own grocery shop on-site, this is well stocked, with everything you could ask for, little more expensive than you usual shop but convenient (head to the back where the bakery is and take a look at the cakes !!! Yum yum).
Overall we had a great time and hope to make this a yearly treat just one tip TAKE A BIKE we didn't and regretted it, the park is massive and we didn't see it all, bikes to hire are about £25 each!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sharon_Center_Parcs, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to learn that your first visit to Center Parcs did not disappoint and that you took the opportunity to try some new experiences. With a variety of activities available on our Village, I am sure that you will find your next visit also provides more new experiences for you to try.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

Sharon Press
Guest Services Executive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,192)
Southampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Just got back from weekend away to Center Parc Longleat Forest for a friend birthday & had a relaxed few days.

We stayed in 2 beds 'New Style Woodland Lodge'
- 1 Double room, 1 Twin room, Bathroom, Open plan living space, A fully equipped kitchen . The kitchen was the only problem we had with the whole Lodge just a few points the oven was hard to cooking in. (Its gas & we had trouble lighting it, in the end we did light it.) In generally kitchen equipment was dirty so need re-washing apart from that the lodge was very clean & very comfy to used.

We used the Subtropical Swimming Paradise & had such fun with all that it offered like the water slides, outdoor heated pool & rapids.

We also pre-booked nail painted session at the Aqua Sana Spa. It was so relaxed & so much fun.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed as a group of 5 here for the weekend in a Comfort plus villa. The villa was nice, 1 double room, 2 singles. Included towels and bedding but we weren't allowed to take the towels from the villa to the pool so had to bring extra for this. Plenty of space and clean, nice private outdoor area. It was £650 or so for the weekend. This included use of the pool and just that. The pool was good fun but jam packed. There was a queue for about an hour to get in on a one-in one-out policy. This was a saturday afternoon in January, not a school holiday. They have some great flumes and slides etc but spoilt a bit by there being people everywhere - queues for flumes and rides, no where to sit in the hot pool, random people landing of top of each other down slides etc.. adds to the fun in some ways but not in others.
Our villa was a good 30min walk from the main site. A train comes every 20mins to take you there if you prefer - the train takes about 30mins to get there and was on occasion totally full so not really worth waiting for we found. Fine when it wasn't raining but a pain when it was.
There are lots of activities available; at a price. Use of the gym was about £6 for 2 hours. And not a swish gym by any stretch of the imagination. A single gym class cost £7.50. Table tennis £15.. and so it goes on. I'm a runner and asked at the main reception for running/cycling routes and was told there was 1 route marked which was one mile long. I asked if there were longer routes - and told none. I asked if they knew of any interesting paths/places to visit perhaps a 5 or 10 mile run away - they had no idea. They suggested I run instead 10 several times around the 1 mile route. There was no map of the local area I could borrow or even look at. I got the feeling they were trying to encourage me to go to the gym so I would be charged to use the treadmill - but maybe this is unfair of me...?
In the end I just ran into the nearby forest randomly (out of Centre Parcs) and found a network of cycle paths (I think council funded?). Sadly as I had no map or idea where these went I did a bit of a loop but was a bit scared of going too far and getting lost. A bit of a wasted opportunity by Centre Parcs - after all they charge plenty to hire their bikes but don't tell you where you can ride them other than their mile long track... seems a bit odd to me.
Overall I had a fun time but it really very very easy to burn money here (infact hard not to unless you just want to stay in the villa or walk to and from the pool and eat your own food) and I wonder how families with children cope without spending a fortune? I cant justify the money to return here, its simply not worth it for me - I could get a holiday in a similar chalet in sunny France by the sea for half the price but each to their own I guess!

Room Tip: I found our comfort villa clean and spacious and without fault.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank oscarthedoggy
Bristol, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

"On a year round basis.” As the leader in the UK short break holiday market”, Center Parcs occupies a unique position enjoying enviable annual occupancy rates in excess of 95%".

Really????

Having been a raving fan of Centreparcs for some years, I decided to book a short break as a surprise xmas present for my girlfriend. On arriving at our executive studio apartment the disappointment unfolded.

Redwood apartment block is tired and worn. The interior of the building is in a shocking state of repair. Paint removed from walls and unfinished filler work scattered throughout the first and second floors. The lift was out of action, which meant heavy luggage, had to be carried down stairwells.

The apartment requires immediate refurbishment. On entering the accommodation the stench of burnt fat reeked throughout the accommodation. The fridge was faulty and continuously made a loud noise. The bathroom tap was running and could not be shut off. Two out of four radiators did not work. The shower head bracket was broken and would not remain in a fixed position.

I had to complain to guest services on the Saturday. This meant we had to take time out and make an extra unplanned trip to the main complex, which was stressful. We should have been relaxing not complaining!

I reported the issues to guest services who did take action. Although we had to stay out of the apartment from 12-5, whilst fixes were taking place. More annoying was the "fob off" bottle of wine and chocolates left behind by the service department. I would have preferred face to face contact and an apology.

You only get one chance to make the right first impression and these issues ruined the surprised and experience that I wanted my girlfriend to enjoy. What a waste money and precious time. We left a day early both feeling very dissatisfied.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Thorley_13
Sharon_Center_Parcs, Guest Services Executive at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
I am sorry to learn that we failed to meet with your expectations on this visit. It is disappointing that my colleagues at Longleat Forest were unable to resolve this to your satisfaction at the time of your stay.

Having contacted us by email with your concerns, we will respond directly to you when we have fully investigated the issues raised.

Kind regards
Sharon Press
Guest Services Executive
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We visited for a 5 night post new year break, I had done plenty of research in advance so was prepared for high costs of the break but was determined that we would not be held back by this so went with plenty if funds! We booked most of our activities in advance and added a few whilst there. With our accomodation, food and activities the holiday totalled in excess of £3000 which equalled our week all inclusive to Majorca in August so be prepared for this!
There were 7 of us travelling, myself, my husband who is totally wheelchair dependant, my parents and sister(16) and our children 5 and 4. We stayed in an adapted exclusive 4 bed which us actually a 5 bed, however Center Parcs have failed to acknowledge that disabled people can be married or in relationshis as their adapted bedroom is a twin room! Luckily our lodge did have a ground floor double room and with some negotiating we did manage to force his wheelchair in.
Our lodge (947) was well maintained and overall we were very impressed, the hot tub was a lovely luxury that was well used during the evenings by the whole family! During our stay we are out several times, food and service was exemplary in each occasion, the children visited the time out club twice and had a wonderful visit each time and my dad and hubby went quad biking and they said it was the best experience-wonderful that the staff weren't fazed by my husbands disabilities! I had booked a spa visit for 3 of us, we ended up leaving early as it was too overcrowded and noisy to enjoy all the facilities, we did get a full refund for this experience.
Due to my husbands disabilities he found it very difficult to negotiate the very hilly site and the disabled access on the land train he found humiliating to use, he even had diffuculty getting to the stop due to an incline in the road, and so he needed his car to get around and it was impossible for him to get to the vlllage area. After he attempting to use the pool he soon gave up due to the inaccessability of rapids without having someone move his wheelchair to the bottom-impossible whilst I'm supervising 2 small children!
This aside we had a very good holiday and it was a relaxing start to the new year, however i hope Center Parcs listen to the accessibility feedback as this is of major importance to us when we plan any holiday.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Kegaelmi
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Having read the reviews on the parc I was really worried about how the holiday would be but the recent bad reviews were just rediculous. We were first timers to centre parcs and were so pleased with everything there. We stayed in a 3 bed new style villa and loved it. Hired mikes and had a brilliant time. Ate way too much at the brilliant restaurants and had an amazing time with our children in the wonderful swimming pools. I never thought you could enjoy swimming in an outdoor pool in January! The water was so warm it was great fun! When the sun went down it was lit with beautiful blue lighting and looked really magical.

Our son has special needs and his behaviour is challenging and life can be very tiring for us all but this holiday was a true rest. He was happy, so happy in the pool! That made us all happy! The staff were all great with him too. Our youngest is only 1 but he grew so much confidence during our stay in the pool. It was lovely to see.

Don't worry about the bad reviews. The beds and bathroom was beautifully clean in our villa. A little bit of dirt under the beds and dust on the fireplace but really nothing to worry about.

Highly recommend centre parcs longleat!

One wish....wish school holiday prices were alot less! A huge increase at these times:(

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank DCT2010
Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

Have been coming to Center Parcs for 25 years, First came when expectiing our daughter - Sherwood. Then Hilversum in Belgium, back to Sherwood, then Elvedon and finally Longleat less than a 2 hour drive for us. Love holydaying all over the world, but for a short break, Center Parcs does it for me - so relaxing, don't want to leave the park to explore any surrounding villages. park up for - preferably a week! Hire bikes and cycle, walk, swim etc. And the most beautiful spa expererience ever! These days we like to pay extra and get an executive lodge, plus more to get central and not be put out above lake and sport section. Can then get to main shops and pool in 5 minutes or so and down to sports, main lake and aqua sauna in about 10 minutes. Suits us. Yes you pay more but I prefer that than moaning about being put way out on top of the hill above the lake. Fine when young and fit! Also, fine if more into the sports centre, but we like the pool and shops to be closest. Here at the moment almost finishing a wonderful week with our daughter, her partner and our new grandson - the start of another Center Parcs era has begun. Villa superb as usual. Eaiting out and drinks getting VERY pricey. Ortega was a rip off on my Birthday, though margaritas were superb. Food was overpriced. We chose tapas, but all 15 dishes ordered arrived at same time instead of a few at a time. Tasty but tepid from start. £110 for 4. Ate in rest of week for evening meals. Lunch at pool cafe good burgers but very pricey.Lunch at sporst cafe, aqua sauna, and pancake house all good but over priced. Tonight had really excellent take-away pizzas from Dining In take-away village square. Superb value £43. Ordered a large pizza each, all delicious, and will supply us with lunch tomorrow and will be taking some home with us! Trying out Italian tomorrow night for daughter's birthday. Hope it's better than Ortega! Wish they would bring back the lovely individual businesses instead of the rip off chains. All staff friendly though. Still love the place but not quite as much as we used to ! What have you done with the redwoods? We failed to find them this year - found redwood villas.

Room Tip: Depends what you like, but if it's mainly the pool it's well worth paying the extra to get n...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank pamstrips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
Bishopstrow House
The Old Malt House
The Old Malt House
#1 of 1 in Timsbury
Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel

Been to Center Parcs Longleat Forest? Share your experiences!