“Always good!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warminster
Center Parcs Longleat Forest
Reviewed May 21, 2011

This is our 4th trip to Longleat Centerparcs and as always we had a fantastic break. The pool is excellent especially for a 3 year old!! The lake and beach area is lovely, the play parks are fab and there is a good choice of restaurants. Our only issue is the cleanliness of the villa on arrival - on all previous visits accommodation could be a bit cleaner however I do have quite high standards and so usually put it down to that, however on this occasion the floors in particular were really dirty and I needed to give the place a good clean before I was happy for my toddler to run around.
Despite this we will definately be returning again later this year as overall it's a lovely place, staff are friendly and its great fun for children (and adults!!!)

• Stayed: May 2011
Write a ReviewReviews (8,360)

Reviewed May 21, 2011

My family stayed for a midweek break. We stayed in a Lodge 934, executive style lodge with disabled access (one down from the exclusive lodge). The accomadation itself was very tatty and disappointing. Red wine carpet stains, mouldy smell, out dated furniture style that was very uncomfortable. My en suite shower was broken and so would not turn off without the brute strength of my husband. The balcony was unexpected (and not booked) with no garden. I do not recommend balcony lodges for toddlers. My daughter is 2 and so we had to shut off the balcony for most of the stay, We did complain and ask to be moved but as the whole of the Parc was booked, we had to make the most of it.
The disable access was not great, and we had to move the furniture to make it accessible for wheelchairs. The Parc is also meant to be car free most of the time, however we saw lots of cars on the roads, and so had to walk in the verges alot of the times.
On the Plus side, the lodge was very close to the Plaza (2 min walk). The swimming pool was great for kids and adults. The facilities throughout the Parc were spotless. The staff service was always friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Worth paying for central location if kids going.
1  Thank emmaanddean
ClareS_CP, Guest Relations Manager at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2011

Thank you for your honest views following your visit to Longleat Forest.

I am sorry to hear that our adapted accommodation did not meet with your expectations on this occasion. I would offer reassurance in that we do have refurbishment plans in place for our accommodation, however we do aim to maintain all lodges to an acceptable standard at all times. I apologise if you feel that this was not the case on this occasion and the cleanliness points you have raised are clearly unacceptable. I have sent a copy of your report directly to the General Manager at Longleat Forest, for consideration.

If you wish to discuss your recent experience in further detail please consider contacting our Guest Services team via the 'contact us' section on our website.

Thank you once again for posting on Trip Advisor!

Kind regards

Reviewed May 19, 2011

Had a lovely midweek break and even though the weather was a bit drizzly for a couple of days as usual there was lots to do. Our son (5 yrs) did soccer school, but we didn't actually realise it was a three day course and all they did was concentrate on skills like headering and passing. Although he did learn some skills,there were no prizes and penalty shoot outs as described....our son got a bit bored towards the end as he just wanted to play some football! Our daughter (3 yrs) did the mini-ballerinas and absolutely loved it. The teacher was fantastic and really got the children involved. 10 out of 10! We thought the cost of this activity was well worth it too.....fab! The swimming pool was great and kids loved all the slides etc. We went to the Pancake House for a buffet and magic show on Wednesday night and had an absolutely brilliant time. The staff were very friendly and helpful and there was a seating plan already arranged so there was no scramble for tables. The buffet was great, a good selection of food (for adults and kids), all freshly cooked and scrummy and you could go up as often as you wanted so great value for money. Our littles ones particulary enjoyed the chocolate fountain with brownies, meringue and marshmallows (no fruit though which was a shame). Nutty Noah was the magician performing that night and he was brilliant, had the kids AND adults in stitches with a mad capped magic and music show. Kids really enjoyed it and would comes highly recommended for anyone with kids.....fantastic !
Eating out was a mixed bag. Tapas at Ortega's and Hucks were very good (try the chimichanga and dime bar cheesecake) but service at Strada was slow and pizza was cold, the Sports Cafe fish and chips was not nice at all-chips were soggy and cold and fish was full of bone. The kids meals was not particularly inspiring either.
We stayed in a comfort plus villa (with dog), which was looking a bit tired and could do with a refurb. Clean but taps looked bit limey and the tv had scratches and cracks on it and looked like it had been dropped. It did however have everything we needed and was spacious enough for us all. One niggle was the beds were very soft and by the end of our stay, we had achey backs and cricked necks!
Loved our stay and will come again.

1  Thank Paullygb
Reviewed May 17, 2011

Just come back from a short break at Centerparcs Longleat. We had an amazing time. It was a family group including 2 grandparents, 2 adults and 2 kids and there was something for everyone. The sub-tropical swimming paradise was brilliant. The woodland lodge was really clean and in good condition. We were lucky to have an end one in the forest not too close to the road and it was very peaceful.
Staff were very friendly. Activities were well organised and excellent. Food was good although everything is a bit pricey. Expect to spend money!!
Only small niggle - not much of a criticism - but the complimentary land train could have been bigger and perhaps run every 10 mins and not every 20. The park is huge and the train takes forever to get round and if it's not running then expect ALOT of walking. Not for the faint-hearted!
We all loved it though and are trying to arrange a date to go back asap!

2  Thank lucy201105
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I have never been compelled to write a review until now. My family never holiday abroad and have stayed at Centre Parcs every year for 11 years, 80% at Longleat and 20% at Sherwood.
We stayed in a comfort plus villa for £450 for the weekend. On arrival we were presented with a dirty villa! (over 20 fag butts on the patio, big stains on the floor, body hair in the toilet, food on the utensils etc). We complained (showing photographs) to the reception. We were compensated with food voucher to use in any resturant ( I must add this is not the first time this has happened). The whole Centre Parcs experience is marred (in comparison to previous visits) by the desire of the company to make a huge profit from the cash strapped British people. The staff seemed dis-interested and when asked by a member of staff if I had just arrived, I stated that I was leaving and thank god I won't be back. Much to my surprise the lady serving agreed with me as she too has holidayed in CP for years and has witnessed the decline of this once wonderful holiday experiance. The list goes on...........Dining In take away sevice. We had friends visiting for the day ( £60). A takeaway was ordered for the group. My wife insisted the order was repeated to ensure it was right. The order turned up in 2 sittings, then a 3rd turned up after we complained an item was missing. We asked for the money back as the dish would take 20 mins to turn up, they did refund the item but delivered it aswell. The food was substandard and very small protions. Again we broke our evening up by walking to Dining In and presenting the food to the staff. I was refunded the price of the meal which was in the region of £80. The same service 2 years ago was spot on, really nice food for a fair price! The sub tropical paradise is looking tired and requires some serious attention. The handrails which look like bamboo have sections missing, I was constantly watching where my son was putting his hands as not to catch his fingers in these gaps. I just could'nt relax on this holiday and was sick to the back teeth of complaining. I'm afraid my hard earned money will be going elsewhere from now on. My tip for all is to read the reviews, and think twice about going here. I agree I have had fantastic times here but not this time. Centre Parcs pull your socks up!!

8  Thank pfsfsf
ClareS_CP, Guest Relations Manager at Center Parcs Longleat Forest, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

Thank you for your comments following your visit to Longleat Forest.

I cannot apologise enough for the standards you have experienced and the way in which your complaints have been handled. We would very much welcome the opportunity to discuss this further, please consider contacting Guest Services at Head Office via the 'contact us' section on our website.

It is never our intention to have disappointed guests and I do hope that we will hear from you very soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 16, 2011

I had a great stay at Longleat for my 40th Birthday, however, i have one complaint about our booking for badminton on saturday morning.
I went along especially on Friday night to the jardin sports to book raquets but was told that there was no need, just turn up 5 minutes before playing and hire the raquets at that time.
So we turned up 10 minutes before but was told there were no raquets available and to grab the players coming off court and take their raquets instead.
A little annoyed we went to the court and waited but when the payers came off we found out that they had their own raquets and not hired ones!
So went back to reception to be told there were still no raquets but to wait and see what comes back after the other courts finished. I was not the only person waiting here for raquets to be returned.
After 5 mins waiting I was more frustrated and eventually one of the staff decided to come out and go around the courts to find us some raquets. I presume from players who should have finished playing at the end of their designated time.
All very annoying !

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 10, 2011

Just got back from 4 days in center parcs longleat.
The villa was big and roomy with all the kitchen equipment you need including washing up liquid, tea and coffee sashays. Each room had a tv in with remote with a good picture. The lounge had a cd player and a
DVD player to watch your own stuff.
The booklet says BBQ facilities,
there is an out door BBQ station but
you have to buy disposable bbqs to
use them.
BBQ utensils aren't included!
Our villa was quite close to the plaza but it was still a hefty walk to the plaza and the car park and pretty much anywhere!
You can't park your car outside the villa so don't leave anything you need!, including umbrellas as there is no shade if there us a downpour!
The swimming are was fantastic and the rapids are a must!!
Take £1 coins for the lockers.

We went to the aqua sana which was £40 for 3 hours, if you can relax do it but for those with short attention spans stay in the pool and save your money! I for one LOVED it but others thought it was a bit of a waste of money!

The free land train goes from the plaza all the way round the parc and back again, it takes half hour to get from plaza to jardin de sports but 10 mins to walk.

The restaurants are goog but pricey, I recommend hucks good food for £10-£15 for a main meal. Try the chocolate fondu it's £8 and can feed 3 and it's yummy!!!

The biggest problem for our group was there was no phone signal anywhere!!! No Facebook, Internet connection, I couldn't text or call the entire time!!!

All in all a fab weekend but take the food and drink you need so you don't have to keep paying through the nose in the market. A cosy and quiet place for people who like walking and riding bikes.

BBQ utensils weren't included!
Our villa was quite close to the

• Stayed: May 2011
4  Thank Bunchie123

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to share your recent experience at Longleat Forest on Trip Advisor. I am sure your detailed report and recommendations will assist other guests in the future.

I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and that many of the facilities and accommodation met with your expectations.

I note your comments relating to the lack of telephone signal around the Village and I would explain that this is something that we are hopefully looking to improve at all of our Villages within the next 12 months.

Just to let you know that you can now follow us on Facebook and Twitter where you can chat with other fans and guests of Center Parcs.

Thanks again!

Guest Relations Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel
#2 of 5 in Warminster
The Dove Inn
The Dove Inn
#4 of 24 in Warminster

Been to Center Parcs Longleat Forest? Share your experiences!