“Very good reasonably priced food.”

Thai Rice Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 78 Restaurants in Warminster
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We are a well established small run family business with over 11 years of service. We provide Authentic SE Asian cuisine (mainly Thai) using high quality ingredients. Main dishes are cooked fresh to order, meaning any preferences or ingredients can be adjusted to customer liking if asked for. We try to be gluten free where possible(recommended by Coeliac Society)and we do not use MSG in any of our cooking.
Reviewed March 23, 2013

I have regularly eaten at Thai Rice however take away is the norm. The food is of good quality and clean with friendly staff. The owner/chef is always willing to adapt to any liking but best left to 'do her thing'. Whether looking for a large meal or a lighter option they will have the answer. The traditional Thai Rice is supurb but my favourite would be the Red Duck Curry!
Keep up the good work.

1  Thank Aussie A
Pha E, Owner at Thai Rice Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you for your review. As stated before to another Aussie reviewer SE Asian cuisine is a lot nearer the mark in Australia than you will sometimes get here so it is always good to get positive reviews back from visitors to our establishment from there. The "traditional Thai Rice" you refer to is what we refer to as Thai Style on our takeaway menu, it is very popular with our SE Asian students because it is exactly what they will be able to get from a street restaurant in many SE Asian countries. They often top it off with a fried egg.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

The menu is interesting with some unusual items and of course all the regular dishes that you would expect too. Our takeaway food was extremely well cooked and tasted great. The service was reasonably quick but the staff lacked a certain enthusiasm and really do need to smile more. There is something about a glum looking waiter who doesn't even bother to make small talk that really can put people off.
Despite having said the above I would recommend that you give this a try as the food is really very good indeed.
The restaurant itself is pleasant enough and the seats in the waiting area are comfortable. Magazines are provided to keep your mind off the impending meal.

Pha E, Owner at Thai Rice Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for your review.
We are happy that you found the takeaway that you ordered was tasty and that you thought it was very well cooked. I can only apologise that there was no conversation struck up while you waited which can come down to a number of different things even if it is Just one of those bad days that everybody gets on the Job now and then, although there should not really be any excuses for it.
I can only assume by glum looking waiter(in the male sense) you would be refering to myself as I am the only male who is at the premises, this I do have a very good excuse for as I have had 2 Bells Palsy attacks over the years and unfortunately it has resulted in one side of my face not actually working properly so some facial expressions are more difficult than others especially something like a smile as you do need both sides of your mouth to work.
Once again thank you for your review as it is always good to hear that local people like are food as well as are many visiting students from further afield

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I have been here with my friend. I simply loved it! I was surprised that such a nice and big fried rice portion only costed £4.50. The restaurant itself is typical and relaxed.
I would definitely recommend it to anybody going to Warminster.
It is the best place to eat in town, I'd say.

Pha E, Owner at Thai Rice Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for such a positive review we really appreciate it. When reading reviews saying best restaurant in such and such area or best food In the country my first thought is have these people really eaten in every restaurant that they can make such a comment, yes people have there favourite places where they eat but then it will generally be that that type of food or even the restaurant itself suits them more than others. Myself personally have eaten at most of the other local establishments and there are those I go back to, those that I don't think are value for money and those that personally are not for me. Certainly I would agree with you that I think we easily offer the best value for money in the local area on some of our meals especially as we will always try to use the best Ingrediants that we can source be it local or not and although it may be a biased view It is certainly something that others can easily Judge on. The rice dish you refer to is one of our main dishes from the set lunchtime menu and is a Thai dish that is more in line with Thai street food rather than one you would find in a restaurant, we offer this dish as apart from inner city areas in this country we have more weekly Thai visitors than your general small town Thai restaurant.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Been 4 times the food is lovely very tasty full of flavour service impeccable would recommend to everyone

Thank you for your review. I guess you are one of the 4 guys who were staying at the Old Bell(other review written) and working out on Deverill road. We are extremely happy that coming from another part of the country and having limited knowledge of Thai food that you really enjoyed the food and came back 3 more times after your first visit. Maybe by more people trying Thai food It will deservedly become more popular as it is not only one of the better Asian cuisines it is also much healthier.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

My partner and I visited this restaurant after reading the reviews on Tripadvisor and it more than exceeded our expectations! From the moment we walked through the door there was a really homely feel to it, and The Owner is lovely!

We were seated and our drinks order taken, which we delivered with delicious complimentary Thai prawn crackers and a sweet chilli dip. For starters my partner had the pork and prawn dumplings and I chose the chicken wings fried in garlic and pepper sauce - both were fantastic!
Next up were the mains, one red duck curry and one green chicken curry. The red duck curry was spicy, fruity and aromatic - with grapes and pineapple through it. The green chicken curry was spicy with all the flavours you would expect in a green curry, and much more. Watch out for the little red chillies in the curries, those things have quite some kick! But don't worry, the dessert menu is ice cream based - exactly what you need after one of their spicier curries, or an accidental chilli. The lemon sorbet is absolutely beautiful!

Thai Rice is owned by a husband and wife team. The husband is front of house - a well mannered man with some very interesting stories - and his wife, originally from Thailand, is the chef. The Chef used to cook in Thailand for Thai people, so all her cooking is authentic and top-notch.

There is a car park behind the restaurant for customers to use, so parking isn't a worry. They also sell coconut rice, which isn't on the menu, all you have to do is ask!

All-in-all a fantastic experience and if we're ever back in this part of the world we will definitely be visiting again!

1  Thank Ella789

Thank you for writing such an extensive review after your visit to our restaurant .
We are happy that you felt that the restaurant has a homely feel to it rather than what you may get in a chain establishment as that is the atmosphere that we have always tried to create.
Our Curries are always cooked to a certain spice but as with all our dishes they are cooked to order so it is easy for our customers to ask if they would like it more spicy, milder or even change the curry istelf to one that could be possibly more suitable to there taste.
As you also say there are some things not on the menu so if customers have a Thai dish that they know of and cannot see it, it is always worth asking as If we have the Ingrediants we will accomodate If possible and after all If we don't we will only say no.
We do have a small area at the back for private parking which is supposed to be parking for our customers as well as our private personal drive however sometimes It will be used by people who feel it is a public car park, but then these type of people are Just Inconsiderate, have no respect for other peoples private property, never think about the consequences It may have on our business and to be honest are Just plain lazy.
We are also happy to hear If you are in the area again you would not hesitate to call in.