“Disgraceful treatment of disabled customers”

The Athenaeum Centre
Ranked #5 of 11 things to do in Warminster
Reviewed March 16, 2014

I am absolutely furious with the way I was treated at Warminster Athenaeum this evening!! After having telephoned in advance of booking my seats I was assured that being partially sighted would qualify me to use wheelchair friendly seats. On arrival I explained to an employee that I was partially sighted and so would need these seats, I then explained to her colleague and I discovered there had not been a seat put in place for me to sit on. Having to check this arrangement with her superior this employee was able to reluctantly supply me with a seat, followed by saying "don't book these seats again". Not only had I enquired prior to booking, I had informed two employees of my reasons for needing this seat. It is disgraceful that just because she could not see my disability that I was not treated accordingly; there is no chance that I will "book these seats again" because I do not wish to visit an organisation with such poor communication and comprehension of disability as this again. Disgraceful..

Date of experience: March 2014
7  Thank ChloeH1996

Reviewed November 25, 2013

They put on some lovely shows, and great shows for children too !!!
All done by local actors, and local children take part in shows. The actual building is also grade two listed and has a blue plaque

Date of experience: September 2013
1  Thank jo s
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is an old Theatre and use to be a cinema, but is now a very busy all round arts centre. This has new seating and hold what to me looks like 200 maximum people so it can be a very personal experience at the shows. Films are shown also here and are very well attended. This is a excellant all round little theatre with an active group of people, well worth checking what on and booking as they do sell out.

Date of experience: June 2013
Reviewed July 29, 2013

well worth visiting, not easy to find, even if no production on. Take your camera!

Have visited over many years to see various shows.

Date of experience: June 2013
See more reviews
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Many towns have lost their local theatres - and it is great that in Warminster, there is a team of people working incredibly hard to provide a venue with a very diverse range of events. In the last 12 months, shows have included Les Miserables, Phantom of the Opera, The Vicar of Dibley, several Pantos, concerts, films and events. The whole toilet area has been massively refurbished and an ongoing refurbishment of the entire evnue is really bringing this place back to life.

Date of experience: December 2012