“Another Wonderful Meal”
Review of Weymouth Arms

Weymouth Arms
Ranked #3 of 74 Restaurants in Warminster
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: pub with rooms and fabulous food
Wiltshire
“Another Wonderful Meal”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Visited with friends. The food as on previous visits was excellent. Our party had a variety of meals from the menu and all thoroughly enjoyed them. Mine was the best whole sea bass that I have ever tasted. The staff were attentive but not intrusive. We visited on a busy Saturday night, the food arrived promptly and at no time did we feel rushed. A perfect evening. If you want a special meal I would recommend a visit.

• Visited August 2013

England
“Wonderful family evening”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I took our family to this restaurant for a wonderful evening. There were 8 of us and all meals arrived on time and correct, the staff were attentive and got our drinks for us when we requested but didn't hover when not required. The food was wonderful once again, absolutely beautiful, as it always is. Always recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013
Pirbright, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not quite right...”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I visited The Weymouth Arms with my boyfriend due to the great reviews it boasted on Trip Advisor and I am afraid to say that it did not live up to expectations. I am not one for moaning about everything but there are certainly some changes that need to be made here.

On arrival we were shown to our table in a cosy area just off the bar. To start I had the risotto and my boyfriend had the pigeon. The pigeon was quite nicely cooked but the apple and vanilla accompaniment was just wrong. I thought that it tasted like a custard doughnut and whilst it may have been nice for dessert, it did not compliment the pigeon in the slightest. My interpretation is that there is a keen chef in the kitchen trying to make new flavour combinations work but unfortunately has not got it quite right. My risotto was a good consistency but it had the lingering taste of stock cubes about it rather than the fresh flavours that I was expecting.

As a main we had the fishcakes and the rump steak. I did not try the fish cakes but I understand from my boyfriend that these were tasty. The rump steak, which I ordered rare, had a nice taste and it was cooked well however I struggled to cut it even with a steak knife let alone chew it!

We were mostly served by a young chap (sorry, I didn't catch your name) with long hair tied back in a pony tail. He was very pleasant throughout the evening and whilst he appeared to be fairly new to the job and still finding his feet, he was trying his hardest and kept smiling throughout. This was in direct contrast to the dark haired girl who was also serving and did not smile once throughout the evening.

Toilets were ok but could do with a little sprucing up.

I do not know if we were just a bit unlucky with our food or whether this is the consistent standard but I do hope that the staff will take my comments on board. Having read comments about the accommodation, it would seem that there is great potential for this place if the food is improved upon.

1 Thank Katie S
Natallia K, Owner at Weymouth Arms, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
As the chef and owner of the weymouth arms it is saddening to read the above review. We operate for one reason only and that is to make people happy. Everything we do at the weymouth arms is very carefully considered and developed to deliver to our customers beyond their expectations.
Having said the above one of the hardest lessons I have learned is that people have different tastes and it is exceedingly difficult to make everybody happy all the time.
We have a very dedicated team that put there heart into every dish we serve, i personally have emailed you on trip adviser and called the number you left to offer my sincere apology put you have failed to call back and take me up on my offer.
I do like to hear peoples views on our business and we can learn everyday something new but am disappointed you did not complain at the time through out your meal to Cameron who was serving you each coarse. at this point we would have offered you a different meal and full refund if you were not happy with my cooking.
again i am very sorry that you were disappointed with my restaurant and standard of cooking.
Warminster, England, United Kingdom
“Consistently the best in Warminster!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Excellent friendly, knowledgeable staff, really great quality, tasty dishes, traditional with a touch of flair, but not over-the-top fussy - and good value! Cannot ask for more. Have tried other restaurants locally, and whilst not bad, we always come back to the Weymouth Arms as it's just the best!

• Visited June 2013
bath
“One of the World's Best Restaurants”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Went for lunch and we left happy and contented. The food is amazing and the service is just perfect. The duck was cooked to perfection (unlike many in this area that seem to think if its not tougher than leather its undercooked), and the chicken salad excellent. Their home cured and smoked salmon is just to die for.
We will no doubt come back again and again. Incredibly great value for money.

• Visited June 2013