Open today: 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
A lovely day, lots to do, well organised, totally recommend.

I’ve always wanted to visit Longleat and we weren’t disappointed. There is so much to do and it is... read more

Reviewed yesterday
Faith631
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
Great Light Show

Visited Longleat to the light show and the other attractions. Poor safari ride due to the animals... read more

Reviewed yesterday
barnwood
Taunton, United Kingdom

7,423 results
All reviews safari park sea lions monkey enclosure boat trip big cats day ticket train ride vip tour african village parrot show postman pat village singing christmas tree windscreen wipers tesco vouchers gorilla island other attractions santa train
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My dad took us to Longleat when it first opened. it has grown and grown and absolutely fantastic. Not only do they really care for the animals that they have but the grounds, food and most of all the staff are excellent. My sister and I go back there on a regular basis to give support to this wonderful place.

A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL THE STAFF AT LONGLEAT

2  Thank southgate60
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Took our little boy (3yrs) here and had a great day.
Although we loved the safari drive he got a little bored in places as he loves being so up close with the animals, although he loved the lemur walk, giraffes and deer areas where you could feed the deers.
He loved the park itself especially the parrot show which he volunteered in and touching the snakes and spiders in the petting area.
All time favourite was feeding the sealions which we had to go on twice for him!
What was lovely though were the staff, they are great and very knowledgable and you can tell they clearly love the animals they look after.They would chat to you about the animals tell you their names and personalities which made it such a nicer experience for us all, especially the lady in the meerkat enclosures you could see she loved her job.
We had a great day and the whole day was paid with via our Tescos club card vouchers which was a bargin!
Highly recommend!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Visited here at the height of the heatwave and with a dog, as we were on holiday. We booked our tickets online and in advanced which saved us money, but meant we had to go on the hottest day of the year so far. We arrived early as internet research told us that dog kennels are on a first come first served basis. When we got to the animal entrance we were told where kennels were and that it would cost a pound to leave our dog all day. The kennels are basic, but there was fresh water provided. They are on the small size and you need to take along a blanket or bean bag for your dog to lie on. The good thing is we were able to come and go all day around Longleat with regular trips back to the kennel to check on our dog and let her out for toilet breaks.
Longleat is a super experience, well worth a visit. The wild animal park is an excellent way to see animals in more 'natural' surroundings - on the day we visited the majority were laying under trees in the shade. We bypassed the monkey enclosure as we had a new car and there were plenty of signs warning us of there destructive nature. The house is a must, guided tours are before noon, after that you are free to wander at leisure, with a guide in most rooms if you have any questions. I have walking difficulties and was asked several times if I would like to use the lift. We went on an 'around the park' mini train mainly to get a breeze - the price was included in our 'all in one' ticket, as were several other things, including a boat trip to gorilla island.
Plenty to do and see for all ages and you need have no worries if you have to take your dog like we did. My only criticism was that after each attraction there was always a shop (or two) but I suspect that is so in a great many other places too!

18  Thank Bayleywillow
Reviewed July 21, 2013

We live in the Midlands so it took us the best part of 3 hours to arrive at Longleat, we should have stayed over the night before really. Lovely warm day, was told to arrive at 845am at the entrance as I was partaking in the VIP tiger feeding experience which I had booked months ago. No-one seemed to know when the keeper was supposed to be arriving though. It cost £100 per person, no spectators allowed which I thought was a rip off as who was supposed to take photos for me? The others were busy and the keeper was keeping an eye on the tigers. There are 4 of them, we basically fed them bits of horse meat on a stick which was fantastic. We got literally cms away from the cages they were temporarily kept in, bit dangerous if you got too close as some idiots liked to. These are wild hungry animals! Afterwards we got a special VIP tour of the tigers in their enclosure before the park opened at 10. Then we went on to enjoy the safari park itself, didn't spot the elephant Anne which was a shame as I knew from hearing the keepers that she had been rescued from an illegal circus that used to beat her and had really had a tough life bless her. Giraffe feeding was an option for £2 - this was a bit of a rip off if you ask me. The monkey enclosure was fun - they liked to hitch a ride on the cars by sitting either on the roof or wing mirror. One stole my rear window wipers the cheeky bugger - he literally ripped it off and then ran off with it chuckling to his mates! I had to beep and turn the windscreen wash on before he finally got the hint though not before he tried to bite through my aerial! Beware, if you value your car I wouldn't go through here. Though a replacement wiper was only a tenner. Rhinos were keeping themselves to themselves, lions were sleeping, cheetahs under a tree eating some bones, wolves eating in the shade. Loved all the animals though it was so hot for them they didn't feel like performing to us and I don't blame them. Good family day out, loved the gorilla island where Nico has his own central heated private hut with HD Sky tv! If you have any questions please ask, there is so much to see and it is great for kids and adults. I got to hold a tarantula and snake, plus we hand fed the reindeer and obviously the tiger feeding was a highlight. Food very expensive, take your own.

4  Thank Elmo1989_03
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Longleat is a wonderful place to visit, animals are well cared for and appear content. Staff are friendly, courteous and extremely knowledgable. Safari was excellent and the house and grounds beautiful, can't wait to visit again!