“It's great”

Ranked #1 of 17 things to do in Warminster
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Brilliant day out - throughly recommended and have been here counteless times over the years - a must for all families.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,643)

Reviewed May 1, 2012

Great value for money, loads of animals and brilliant fun.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

I went with family and we had a fantastic time even though the weather was shocking.
We had a 2 day pass and knew the weather was forcasted to better on the first day so tried doing all the out door things then.
We had a fantastic time on the train and seeing all the animals in the jungle part, it was great to be able to walk among the meerkats, bats and get the chance to hold a snake and tarantula. We all loved the parrot show and getting a chance to feed the parakeets.
On the second day as the weather was forcasted to be bad and was we had a look around the house which was amazing you could literally feel the history the house had and the staff doted around different rooms answered all our questions and gave us an insight of what it must of been like when it was fully used as a house.
The highlight of the weekend must of been the safari excursion we had the jeep ride driven by Wayne who was absolutley fantastic. I hate going to zoos as I come away feeling that all the animals should be in there natural enviroment, but as Longleat is purely a conservation park and none of the animals have been taken from the wild I felt I had a once in a life time experience seeing animals in natural surroundings. After seeing the amount of space they have to wonder and hearing from Wayne you can tell he really enjoys his job and his number one priority is the animals as it should be in all conservation parks.
All in all a fantastic weekend on one of the wettest weekends of the year so far. You don't need the weather to be perfect to enjoy Longleat and we have a good reason to go back as we didn't get to do boat trip as we ran out of time and were all looking forward to that.

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I visited Longleat to interview two of the Dr's and loved the atmospere of the place, I believe it is very, very much improved since my visit, I would like to visit again, but it is a long way from North Yorkshire for a 76 year old

1  Thank Daedalus
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I've been to Longleat a number of time now , and I never get bored.There is loads to see and do.Food is a little pricey but there are plenty of places to sit and have a picnic.I love the boat trip and safari park.It's more than a days worth of entertainment, we always have to go back the next day to see what we didn't see the day before.