“Hotel stay like staying in a friends house”
Review of Bishopstrow House

Bishopstrow House
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Warminster
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This hotel has managed to keep it's homely feel without it being like a business not clinical just homely, although parts of the main house are a bit worn it all adds to the authenticity of staying in an old English home. The reception was just a couple of desks in a side room and this set the mood for a casual relaxing environment. The room was clean and the bed comfortable, although as we were at the front of the house It was very noisy in the morning, we had to keep the window open as it was so hot and were woken at 5.30 by deliveries and departing guests. I was disappointed by the choice of tea and coffee, I think it's a really nice touch when you get a selection of goodies in the room but it was tea or coffee only. The bathroom was fab with the beautiful old freestanding bath and lovely shower. The restaurant staff were helpful, friendly and efficient and the food was all good . Overall it was a nice stay but for the prices charged I think they need to work on spoiling their guests with maybe a few extra touches.
PPP

Room Tip: The rooms in the courtyard open up onto gardens and would be quieter, especially good if you have ki...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I treated my friend and I to a Spa day 28th June 2014, what an absolute superb time we had, the treatments were fantastic, the lady who did my treatment was very good at her job, and was very profesional, and a lovely person who listened to what i said, I think her name is Kelly, she is from the Northeast.The spa is excellant and nothing is to much trouble for the staff, clean and very well presented, the meal which was included in the package was excellant.
A very good day, and v v relaxing. Would recomned this Spa.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Bishopstrow, General Manager at Bishopstrow House, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to review your visit to the Halcyon Spa.

I have passed on your kind feedback to the Manager of the Spa to relay on to the staff and I am most certain that feedback like yours will encourage our staff to perform even better.

Me and my team look forward to welcoming you and your friend once again to enjoy the treatments and the facilities at the Bishopstrow Hotel and Spa.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Stayed here on business recently. Had not been for years and the hotel has been upgraded since my last visit. I had a small double room with a view over the roof of the spa/swimming pool. Okay for the one night but would not have wanted to pay myself to stay in that room. Small shower room. the problem was the next morning when I came to use the shower. The temperature control had stuck at hot. Managed to shampoo my hair then the water got so hot you could not stand under the shower. tried for about 20 mins to turn the heat down with no success. Had to call reception, no answer. had to call duty manager who said hotel was full so could not find me another room. I then had to ask him to come up and try and sort this out as I had a head of shampoo and needed to get ready for work. Thankfully he did manage to sort this out but an elderly person or child could have suffered a bad burn with this.
Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Bishopstrow, General Manager at Bishopstrow House, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay with us.

The room that you stayed in is one of our Classic rooms. One of the big charms of a country house hotel is the fact that all bedrooms are unique with their own character and no two bedrooms are the same. This is why we offer a wide variety of room categories for our guests to select from. I can only apologise that this was obviously not explained in detail to you at the time of booking; please be assured I have followed up on this matter with the team.

Although we strive to provide a service that exceeds guests’ expectations, sometimes errors do take place. I have taken your comments on board and have taken corrective measures to fix the issue with the shower.
Thank you for taking the time to leave us your valuable feedback.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Booked as a package including dinner, breakfast, champagne and free upgrade.
The hotel is in a wonderful setting. It has grounds that sweep under the road and by the river.
We arrived early and brought a bottle of champagne and watched the river go by enjoying the sun.
The room was upgraded to a suite. Modern and very well appointed.
Dinner was very well presented. Reasonable selection of wines. Can recommend the house red and New Zealand Sauvignon blanc.
The outside pool is heated and with beds to soak up the sun - if you are lucky enough.
The Spa is adequate and the staff very good and attentive. However it feels cramped particularly the changing area. The same could not be said of the indoor pool and Jacuzzi - they are lovely!
They cook your breakfast fresh to order and will accommodate most request we heard in the restaurant.
Great place to recharge the batteries in country surroundings with attentive staff.

Room Tip: Stayed in Weymouth Suite - Could not fault it on; on two levels with large bathroom including standa...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Bishopstrow, General Manager at Bishopstrow House, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time and leaving your kind review of the Bishopstrow Hotel and Spa.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and I will certainly pass your kind comments to the team.

We do hope we can welcome you back to the Bishopstrow Hotel and Spa in the near future.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I wanted a few days away and this hotel fitted the bill to such an extent that we wanted to stay longer. We were staying in the room called "Salisbury" which was beautifully furnished and included a large sofa for lounging on, something we enjoyed throughout our stay. The room opened on to a terrace with a table and parasol which protected us from the sunshine.

We ordered room service a few times and it was delivered in timely fashion. Food and drinks were all of high quality.

Breakfast comprised delicious, locally produced food in the restaurant or ultra modern conservatory. Staff were very attentive, friendly and quickly dispatched our order.

We had a couple of spa treatments during our stay. The staff providing the treatments were warm, very friendly and thoroughly professional.

So having said all this how come we didn't award our stay as excellent? Here's what would have made it even better:

* The view from our room wasn't nice at all, overlooking the pool complex. A few more plants would have given the space a courtyard feel, rather than that of an inter-building gap.

* The spa reception staff weren't very welcoming, seeming more interested in their computer screen and making phone calls rather than making me feel welcome. It meant that I didn't look forward to my treatment whilst waiting. Thankfully the staff who provided the
treatments were extremely friendly and genuinely interested in providing exemplary service.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jao1313

Thank you for your review on Bishopstrow Hotel and Spa,

I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us. I will pass on your kind comments to the team.

I have also taken on board your constructive comments regarding the Spa reception and we have taken necessary actions.

I look forward to welcoming you to the Bishopstrow Hotel and Spa again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 10, 2014

We held a celebration Dinner for my wife's birthday without almost 20 guests in the Hotel's private dining room. The food was very good and the staff couldn't have been more helpful and accommodating. They helped me plan a great event and then delivered it perfectly.

We all stayed at the Hotel and found the rooms very comfortable, the pool and spa are the icing on the cake! We've stayed at the Bishopstrow before and will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of the Bishopstrow Hotel and Spa.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the event, and I will certainly pass your kind comments to the team.

Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Just got back from a long weekend and I can not fault this place... It's amazing the relaxation, food, atmosphere, facilities and the staff provide an extraordinary service espc restaurant staff very smily and polite. Minutes from the station if you are not driving. Coming from London and almost 2 hours away it was really worth the travel. I would definitely stay here again.... Loved it

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Fatma201

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind review of the Bishopstrow Hotel and Spa.

Jason Thorley

Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
Homewood Park Hotel & Spa
#2 of 3 in Warminster
Lucknam Park
Lucknam Park
#1 of 1 in Colerne

Been to Bishopstrow House? Share your experiences!