“Amazing place”

Bishopstrow House
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Warminster
“Amazing place”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful - massive rooms got a voucher via groupon !! Spa was amazing to. Swimming pool was lovely ... Bedrooms massive, it's in a massive acres of fields very off road, will defo come back again another time very good value for money via the voucher

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Bishopstrow, General Manager at Bishopstrow House, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your great review on your recent stay.

I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful time with us.

The team and I all hope to welcome you back in the future.

Jason Thorley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
Swansea
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed here for one night on a groupon offer which included bed and breakfast with a 3 course meal. We were upgraded to a delux room as we were getting away for one night since our wedding on the weekend until our honeymoon in December. The room was spacious and bathroom of a very high standard. After a quick rest we went for our meal and this was the highlight of our stay. The quality of the food was fantastic and we were even given glasses of champagne on the house. I did have to pay a £5 supplementary charge for the fillet steak but it was actually £8 more expensive than any other item. No veg comes as standard so paid £3 each for carrots and new potatoes (worth it). I think in total our extras came to £22 so we were very pleased. However, we thought the tip was included (says so on the menu) and therefore didn't worry about it. But, they only charged 10% on the extras. I am so sorry for not leaving a generous tip that the service deserved and only realised when we got home yesterday.

The double bed was actually two singles which was very disappointing and we were very hot in the night but I was too tired to check if the radiator was on. Breakfast was not a buffet continental and get you get to choose off a menu for your main breakfast. Again, very high standard.

Didn't really use the spa facilities that much. Only a quick steam room and swim.

Enjoyed and will hopefully return one day on an offer. It would be a little pricey otherwise.

Room Tip: Ask if the double bed is actually two singles put together. It just didn't work. This was the ca...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review.

I am delighted to read that you had such a fantastic time with us, and that the highlight of your stay was the food. I have passed all of your wonderful comments onto the team.

We all hope to welcome you back in the future.

Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I called last Saturday to make a reservation for lunch on Christmas Day. After 20 mins on the phone being told they were full, I was then told that they'd just released tables to none guests. I had to call back on Monday to make a firm reservation. 37 telephone calls later - after leaving several messages - I finally get to speak to somebody on Friday who tells me they're full. At this I'm a little cross and tell them of the situation the week before. Amazingly a table is pulled out of the bag and all details are taken. However somebody needed to call me back on Saturday morning to take credit card payment to guarantee booking. Low and behold nobody has the curtesy of calling back and when I eventually get through again I'm told they're full. Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I really am relieved we're not one of the guests having to put up with this dreadful customer service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Jo O

Thank you for your recent review.

I am sorry to read that you feel there was a lack of consistency during your contact with us to book Christmas Day Lunch.

As you can imagine, Christmas is one of the busiest times of the year for us and it takes very careful management to balance the demand from residential and non-residential guests, so as not to disappoint anybody.

I understand that we provisionally held a table for you whilst you sought final confirmation from your party. Unfortunately, when you phoned back it was not made clear that you had already reserved a table and at the time we had temporarily closed the booking sheet for non-residents whilst we worked out final numbers and spaces, resulting in us taking a waiting list. I can only apologise for the miss-communication and I do hope it hasn’t put you off returning to us.

Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

A beautiful looking building with lovely rooms - I booked the stay primarily for business and unfortunately did not get to use the spa facility. My room was in the attached "stable block" which is an annexe to the main hotel and next to the spa facility.
The room was really lovely, very spacious and with lovely decorations and both shower and bath (which is rare) and the food and service were excellent too! I will definately go back and stay again when I have more time and can use the facilities and enjoy my time even more!

Room Tip: Choose a room in the "Stable Box" annexe - try to get a suite if possible
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review.

I am delighted to read that you had such a good visit whilst staying over for business in the local area; the team and I all hope to welcome you back in the future - maybe for a leisure break too!

If you are looking for somewhere to take your clients for a festive lunch/dinner we have a great value festive menu available from 1st December, hopefully we will see you then.

Dartmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 25, 2013

As one enters, the feeling of being presurised by staff encouraging guests to partake of drinks in bar prior to dining..
Once seated & shown menu, we were told catigorically that vegetables were not included with meals.
An outmoded & annoying trend.
we all ordered additional vegetables, which when dinner came served WITH vegetables,we realised that this was an unnessesary add-on.
Constanlty being asked if we wished to order further drinks, this seemed somewhat intrusive.
Coffe & petite fleurs were served in the dark ambeince of the lounge, coffee being BEYONG week, & the petire feurs a jeely like substance.
One should NOT complain after the event, but to complain on the vening in question, was met with total indifference,& numerous attempts to bring this to the attention with management throughout three weeks thereafter, was met with......silence. Numerous excuses "We didn't receive your emails"(despite sending three "We diodn't receive your letters, they must have got lost in the post" follwed by my phoning to disinterseted staff.
So, a word to the wisw...if you expect customers to return, at least answer your customers views, so as not to receive a trip Adviser bad review.
Word to wise diners...don't forget to take a very full wallet!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank deeannrob
Bishopstrow, General Manager at Bishopstrow House, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review regarding your visit for dinner.

I am very disappointed that you did not have an enjoyable evening with us, and am sorry to read that you felt there were hidden charges.

At The Bishopstrow Hotel and Spa we provide ourselves on offering the highest levels of service, part of that is to offer our guests the choice of whether to have a pre-dinner drink in the lounge or to head straight through to dinner and order drinks whilst at the table. The majority of our guests prefer to relax in the lounge and enjoy a drink whilst taking time to look through the menu before going through to the restaurant as this limits the time you are waiting at the table, as your food order will already have reached the kitchen.

Likewise, part of the fine dining experience is to ensure that our guests never have to pour their own drink, so if our waiting staff were to see your glass empty they would re-fill it for you so as to enhance the experience of the evening. I'm sorry if this was not to your liking and we take all of our guests feedback on board, so thank you for this.

Being a fine-dining Rosette restaurant, our dishes focus on quality rather than quantity and therefore are not served with big portions of vegetables or potatoes; this is why we give our guests the option of ordering extra side dishes to accompany their meal.

As yet we have not received any letter from you, and we pride ourselves on responding to our customers as soon as reasonably possible. If you would like to re-send your letter marked for my attention I will of course respond.

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here on many occasions for business and what a pleasure it is. This is an outstanding hotel,pleasent gardens and sitting areas by the heated pool,fine dining,super breakfast and the rooms are individual and most are enormous in size.Staff are attentive and know what they are doing. Thouroughly recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian H
Bishopstrow, General Manager at Bishopstrow House, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Guest

It is always a pleasure to hear from our repeat guests and I am delighted that you always have a fantastic time with us.

The team and I all look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I was lucky enough to be invited to a wedding here and we had 2 rooms booked, one family room which was huge, very comfortable and very clean and tidy, also had a double room which was also very spacious and again clean and tidy, the staff were falling over themselves to be helpful and caring for your every need.
The food was excellent, my only regret is that we didn't have time to use all the facilities at this wonderful venue.
The manager was always on hand to sort anything out which he did straight away.
I would stay there again and would recommend to anyone especially for a wedding.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your fabulous review.

I am delighted to read that you had such an amazing time at The Bishopstrow Hotel, I have passed your lovely comments onto the team here.

We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future - maybe even to celebrate New Yaer's Eve with us!

Jason Thorley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
Beechfield House
#2 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon
Milford Hall Hotel
Milford Hall Hotel
#5 of 16 in Salisbury

Been to Bishopstrow House? Share your experiences!