“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Snooty Fox

The Snooty Fox
Ranked #2 of 74 Restaurants in Warminster
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

The second time I have eaten here and it was excellent. I had the pork belly special which was huge, crispy crackling and melt in your mouth pork. My friends had the steak and chips which looked and by all accounts tasted lovely. I cant imagine having a bad meal here it seems that alot of time, effort and skill goes into the food and service. This is a place I would take someone for a special meal and the price is so reasonable!
For Warminster and the surrounding area this place is a real find.

1 Thank SamJoL

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“A gem of a place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We were caught out on a Sunday in Warmister, hungry we were away in the Motorhome and took the park and wander option to see if we could find anywhere on the high street for food, but it was the most desperate place to find anywhere to eat not even the locals we asked could give us much more than the Chinese take away as an option. Then came Trip advisor, to which I am quickly becoming a beloved follower and top of the pops was 'The Snooty Fox' a quick look on the there website showed they would be open, in the van and managed to park in their carpark.
I quickly ran in to check they were still serving as it was now 2045hrs and they were.
The staff were friendly, attentive, making myself, Wife and baby daughter very welcome.
Then came the food, Mmmmmmm, I won't bore you with the details but the Slow roast pork was sublime, My wife was for want of no better word 'Scoffing' it, I asked if she was hungry, "NO" came the reply, "it's just too good not to finish it all"
Pudding did not disappoint, Sticky Toffee pudding was my favourite.
Prices were good and the freshly prepared and cooked food was first class. It was also very clean, bright, and there seemed to be plenty of regulars/locals using it which is always a good sign.
We have been back a couple of times now and have never been let down, taking friends and family too. We found this place in desparation and a hurry but even if you have all the time in the world and days to work out where you want to go, I urge you to try the Snooty Fox.

• Visited May 2012
Warminster, United Kingdom
“Welcoming hosts!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Once again had a lovely meal, with welcoming hosts in the spotlessly clean Snooty Fox. We eat there at least once a months and have never been disappointed. On a snowy night we had lovely cheesy garlic bread followed by scampi and chips and king prawns on tagliatelle - with chilli sauce. Gorgeous. Hosts were attentive without without being invasive, friendly as usual. We will be back.

• Visited January 2013
warminste
“One not to be missed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We are regular visitors to Dean and Cath's excellent pub/restaurant, eating there at least once or twice a month over the last couple of years. Infact we have chosen to have 2 consecutive Christmas Days there and have been very impressed with their attention to detail. It is more a restaurant than a pub, with a varied seasonal menu. The food is always of a high standard, well cooked and well presented with very generous portions. The personal touch received from all staff is very welcome and our 11 year old son is always well accommodated and loves any of the fish on the menu. The restaurant successfully turned into a party venue for New Years Eve and although we didn't stay all night, everyone seemed to be having a great time. We would just like to thank all the staff for their good work and wish them every success in 2013. See you soon. The Maclaren family.

• Visited December 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Shocking! Left feeling sick!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

Food was horrific. Terrine tasted like the smell of dog food with grissle. We also ordered the smoked salmon which had no flavour or sense of being smoked with very little horseradish sauce. I did mention my dislike of the food to the staff and she replied by saying "loads of people have ordered it" unfortunately this doesn't mean everyone liked it! Cheesy chips were nothing special for £3.95, of that price I would have expected triple cooked chips. Overall the food was very poor quality. I would suggest they lower their targets and make dishes a little less complicated I.e. salmon gravlax is so easy, why mess it up by being fancy when you don't have the skills. Best wishes for 2013.

• Visited December 2012