“One not to be missed”

Ranked #1 of 80 Restaurants in Warminster
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We are regular visitors to Dean and Cath's excellent pub/restaurant, eating there at least once or twice a month over the last couple of years. Infact we have chosen to have 2 consecutive Christmas Days there and have been very impressed with their attention to detail. It is more a restaurant than a pub, with a varied seasonal menu. The food is always of a high standard, well cooked and well presented with very generous portions. The personal touch received from all staff is very welcome and our 11 year old son is always well accommodated and loves any of the fish on the menu. The restaurant successfully turned into a party venue for New Years Eve and although we didn't stay all night, everyone seemed to be having a great time. We would just like to thank all the staff for their good work and wish them every success in 2013. See you soon. The Maclaren family.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Food was horrific. Terrine tasted like the smell of dog food with grissle. We also ordered the smoked salmon which had no flavour or sense of being smoked with very little horseradish sauce. I did mention my dislike of the food to the staff and she replied by saying "loads of people have ordered it" unfortunately this doesn't mean everyone liked it! Cheesy chips were nothing special for £3.95, of that price I would have expected triple cooked chips. Overall the food was very poor quality. I would suggest they lower their targets and make dishes a little less complicated I.e. salmon gravlax is so easy, why mess it up by being fancy when you don't have the skills. Best wishes for 2013.

4  Thank Sophie K
Reviewed December 25, 2012

Second time I've visited and I'm disappointed. Microwave cooking ruined a stilton stuffed mushroom. Chese seperated into water and rubber, bread crumb coating was soggy and gritty. The chicken curry lacked any depth. imagination or interest - simply turmeric, cumin, chili and chicken. And the sharing plate of olives and bread was execrable. A vile green concoction like pureed grass and a smudge of sauce on the wooden board suggest that someone is trying hard - but failing miserably. Back to basics guys - and maybe you can recover your reputation next time I visit.

2  Thank Keith B
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We visited the Snooty Fox for our Christmas Eve Family meal. The food was great and the service was excellent..My daughter and I had parsnip soup which was the best I've ever tasted. .Mains included belly pork and steak all good. This is a consistently good restaurant and we will be back again.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Love this place, always get a great welcome and fantastic meal. The way you can see through to the kitchen is always a good sign.