“Weekend Break”
Review of Deverill End

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Warminster
Deverill End
Ranked #11 of 24 Warminster B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Weekend Break”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I visited Deverill End with my girlfriend for an extended weekend break and found the experience fantastic. Both Joy and Sim are devoted to providing a personal touch during your stay and they make you most welcome. The food is locally sourced and there are a variety of local restaurants to visit if you so wish. I would have no hesitation in recommending this venue if you are after a quiet and tranquil break set in the rolling countryside. I have since suggested that my parents should pay them a visit!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Really enjoyed our stay with Sim and Joy over Easter. They made us feel very welcome and the views from garden are lovely. Rooms very comfortable and breakfast excellent with plenty on offer from fresh fruit from their garden,cereals and lovely cooked breakfast ( with fresh eggs from their own hens). Like the tea and coffee making facilities in bedrooms , the hairdryer and toiletries in the bathroom.
Several pubs within walking/short drive. Would recommend The George for good value. We tried The Woolpack in the village the first night and enjoyed the food but found it a bit expensive. More a restaurant than a village pub.
Only one grumble and that didnt really matter for a weekend - not a lot of cupboard/drawer space in the bedroom though there was a small hanging area with plenty of hangers supplied.
Nice position for getting out and about for walking etc..would definately recommend Deverill End.

Room Tip: Double bedroom at rear of property has the lovely views.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2012

We had a fantastic stay with Joy and Sim, who made us feel very much a part of their family. We would love to return one day to see them again and the lovely setting. Joy thanks for the lovely breakfast and making it feel like home from home.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Cranleigh
Reviewed November 1, 2011

My wife and I have been staying at Joy and Sim's Guest House for the past 5 years. We have stayed on our way to and from Cornwall or simply to see friends in the area, the welcome has always been friendly and sincere coupled with comfortable accommodation. We do not have a great appetite but the breakfast has always reached our expectations. We wholeheartedly reccommend Deverill End be it for a long or a short stay.
Giovanni and Margaret.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2011

I have just returned today from 3 days at Deverill End. Joy and Sim made me feel most welcome and spent ages giving me information on the area. The Woolpack Inn, just 300 yards away was one of their recommendations and I thoroughly enjoyed the food there. Excellent quality.

The beds were very comfy and the bedding spotlessly clean. Blankets are provided as standard but I think you can request duvets if required. Each day the rooms are tidied and the bathrooms cleaned.

Tea/coffee making, a small tv with freeview channels and a hairdryer are all provided as are towels and I found hair/shower products in the bathroom. My only minor grumble was that they provide a cup and saucer rather than a mug. ( I know, never satisfied)

The decor is chintzy and dark wood with loads of souvenirs of their life, it's certainly not modern but that adds to the charm.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 12, 2011

For several summers I have been staying with Joy and Sim at Deverill End. The guest house is situated in beautiful countryside and the chickens and ducks who wander about the grounds are a delight. Accommodation and food are excellent and I am always given a warm welcome as if I was part of the family!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Gibson R
Bath
Reviewed October 2, 2011

We stayed here when attending a party in Chitterne. Joy made us feel extremely welcome. The twin bedroom and bathroom were on the small side, however, they were spotlessly clean and the beds very comfortable. It was wonderfully quiet and peaceful at night. The house has an old fashioned air of tranquility. We had a good breakfast, whilst looking out over the fields of horses and ponies to the hills beyond . I would happily return again.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank cosy_nook
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
Bishopstrow House
The Old Bell Inn
The Old Bell Inn
#7 of 24 in Warminster
The Beeches Farmhouse B&B & Pig Wig Cottages
The Beeches Farmhouse B&B & Pig ...
#4 of 22 in Bradford-on-Avon
Westover House
Westover House
#2 of 24 in Warminster

Been to Deverill End? Share your experiences!