This was our first experience with a B&B and were a little underwelmed. Prices for B&Bs in Great Britain rival the hotels.
This one was in a very nice country location with a stream running though the back yard. A couple of swans swimming in the steam was a highlight as was the local homes with thatched roofs.
We chose this location as it was close to stonehendge. The room was small with a very pink bathroom. The room was difficult to get around without banking your shins on the bed footboard.
The room was clean and quaint but the carpet up to the room was quite dirty. There is no place to eat but the B&B but the food was very good and the breakfast was made the way you wanted it(within limits).
The Inn has a history which was very interesting but I believe one night was enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Prince Leopold is a pretty, neatly modernised Victorian pub with a charming accommodation, riverside restaurant, bar and garden right on the edge of the Wylye River, overlooking water meadows and the rolling hills beyond in an area of outstanding natural beauty. With its modern British cuisine it seeks to provide a welcoming, friendly and relaxed environment where its guests can enjoy a range of local, hand-pumped real ales, lagers, ciders and an interesting array of wines and spirits from around the world. A wide choice of homemade food is on offer, from a classic pub menu to fine dining options in our riverside restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Prince Leopold Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Leopold Hotel Warminster
- Prince Leopold Inn Warminster, Wiltshire