My wife and I stayed here midweek for 2 nights. It's a quiet local pub in a small Wiltshire village near Warminster (Upton Lovell)
An ideal location for walking / cycling/ mountain biking offroad on the quiet byways, chalk downs and ridges.
The pub itself is situated on the banks of the small river Wylye, a chalk stream with brown trout, the garden is adjacent the river and sunset over the river is marvellous! Plenty of parking available.
The room (No 1) which we had was fine except that there was a kitchen fan below the room which operated intermittently all night! Otherwise it was very quiet and peaceful... The room was adequate but not 5 star, the en suite bathroom contained a shower within the bath, not separate but it ok.
We ate in the restaurant for one night, the menu was limited but ok, there are other pubs in nearby villages (The Dove Inn at Corton) which have a better menu at similar prices.
Overall we would stay again but choose another room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Prince Leopold is a pretty, neatly modernised Victorian pub with a charming accommodation, riverside restaurant, bar and garden right on the edge of the Wylye River, overlooking water meadows and the rolling hills beyond in an area of outstanding natural beauty. With its modern British cuisine it seeks to provide a welcoming, friendly and relaxed environment where its guests can enjoy a range of local, hand-pumped real ales, lagers, ciders and an interesting array of wines and spirits from around the world. A wide choice of homemade food is on offer, from a classic pub menu to fine dining options in our riverside restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Prince Leopold Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Prince Leopold Hotel Warminster
- Prince Leopold Inn Warminster, Wiltshire