“What a wonderful food experience!”
Review of The Farmers Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Warminster
The Farmers Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Warminster
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We had no idea when we booked in for an evening meal that we were going to have such an enjoyable experience. Every platter was imaginatively created and prepared and yes, the chef is Italian. The tagliatelle was just glorious and my sea bass was stunning. To top it all there was such great generosity with the vegetables - they just kept coming, all piping hot and just nicely cooked. And the puddings ......
All this was such great value so, for anyone not sure where to eat in Warminster, just visit this fabulous, unassuming hotel and enjoy a truly wonderful meal.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Stumbled upon this gem by chance. Had a great welcome into a very warm and friendly place. The meal we had was superb. The service was first class. The price was very reasonable. The chef is Italian and the pasta dish I had was brilliant. Thank you for a great night. The Farmers knocks spots off the posh hotel up the road where we stayed.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I recently had a business trip to Wiltshire and stayed in a few different B&Bs most of which were over priced, had little or no heating, a bad smell or a bed that takes hours to sleep in etc.
Farmers Hotel beats all, Its nice to come back to a warm clean room with a comfortable bed.
Breakfast was huge, the staff very friendly and considerate and all at a reasonable price.
Yes I will stay there again on my next visit.

Room Tip: bedrooms in block across the road
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 17, 2013

The farmers is a fantastic hotel with a warm a friendly atmosphere. The price is very good and I would recommend the establishment to anyone. The farmers hotel is in a great area with lots of good opportunities in the surrounding area. I've been using the farmers for a long time and I don't think you would be disappointed. Great Work Farmers Hotel!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I believe that for the price that you pay, you get more than expected. The staff was really friendly, the room was small, but clean. I was a bit uncertain about how it's going to be because of some reviews, but for us it was a good experience! Thanks Farmers Hotel! We had a lovely time!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hotel was not really my cup of tea and I did not find the service the best, however for the price of the room (£36) I really couldn’t complain.

It was described by another reviewer as ‘quirky’, however I would say it was an old building that was very rough around the edges. When I arrived at the hotel, there were three or four people who looked to just be guests going about their business and I had to stand and wait at the bar for a bit before I realised they were staff and they decided to serve me! I explained that I was booked to stay for the night and the woman just said ‘OK’. After a long awkward pause, she just said ‘Name?’ Once those ‘pleasantries’(!) were out the way, she asked someone to show me to my room. The staff seemed confused, as if they were new to the business; I had to ask to pay my bill!

There was parking provided, but there was so little room that someone had blocked me in overnight. To be fair, the staff were quick to ask the other guest to move their car in the morning. The room was very small, with a low ceiling and uneven floors and despite being a double, I wouldn't have liked to have slept two in that bed - the mattress was about a foot wider than the divan beneath it! There was an en suite, although again this was very small. The shower worked fine, although there was a note saying that you may have to wait up to five minutes for it to get warm!

There were some roadworks literally just outside the hotel during my stay, which made the night quite loud and while I appreciate this would not always be the case, it showed how thin the windows were. Being right next to a busy road, I also found that my bed vibrated (a lot!) every time a lorry went past!

I ate breakfast in the morning and couldn't even get through my huge portions. It was served very quickly though and was nice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Spent a night here in January whilst visiting my son and baby grandson who live in Warminster, just a stone's throw from this quirky old hotel in the town. We were treated to the warmest welcome you could wish for, just like old friends, and quickly shown to our room, at the end of a rabbit-warren of corridors. A small but comfortable room, with soft pillows (always my particular bugbear! - they are almost always too hard for me...) well heated, and a good bed. All we needed. The bathroom was the only downside, only separated from the rest of the room by a folding door, but the shower was fine, everything worked well. We ate in the restaurant and the meal was delicious and very reasonably priced. Very generous glasses of good red wine for a paltry sum topped off the atmosphere. Oh, and the chef kindly gave me all the information I needed regarding the gluten content of his dishes, and I was able to eat without trauma. Breakfast the next day was extensive and well cooked. Thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for one with a proper bathroom door. Don't know if they are available or not.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Warminster
Travelodge Warminster
#4 of 24 in Warminster
Home Farm Boreham
Home Farm Boreham
#1 of 24 in Warminster

Been to The Farmers Hotel? Share your experiences!