“A gamble paid off!”
Review of The Farmers Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Warminster
The Farmers Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Warminster
Reviewed June 6, 2012

We (my wife, son (8) and myself) were visiting Longleat over two days and needed somewhere to stay overnight. Usually we would use one of the large chains such as Hilton etc but were unable to find any availability that didnt entail a 30- 40 minute drive to/from Longleat. I found Farmers Hotel via Google Maps. It compare favourably on price (£40-£60 cheaper) with other local hotels and had a 3 person family room available. I can only echo what most other people have said. All the staff were very friendly, from the lady who handled our check in/out to the lady who served us breakfast (excellent by the way) to the cleaner we passed on the stairs. The room was clean and whilst not the largest, was perfectly adequate. My son did marvel at the smallest flat screen TV he'd ever seen but it was sufficient to keep him entertained. Car Parking could potentially be an issue, but we were lucky enough to arrive and depart at times when local parking restructions were not in operation, so parked nearby on the street. The Ritz it aint, but represented a great value for money and I would definately use Farmers again if I were in the area. Please note all you bigger, more expensive hotels, when you book a family room for 3 people, I expect to get towels & sufficient tea/coffee making facilities for 3 not 2 people. If Farmers can get this right, why cant you!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GeePeeKay

Reviewed April 22, 2012

We have just spent a night at this lovely, clean, friendly hotel. We had two rooms in the annexe opposite - they were spotlessly clean, roomy, with plenty of tea and coffee making facilities, masses of lovely towels, and hot powerful showers. The breakfast was fantastic, served by friendly staff. We also had dinner at the hotel - again of an excellent standard. The best thing was that the room and breakfast for two cost about the same as our day ticket for two to Longleat!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Good value for money, clean tidy room and the food in the restaurant was beautifully cooked and the breakfast was lovely, but best of all was the friendliness of the staff, we really enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor, stairs were a bit steep but manageable and the floor was a bit wonky a...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2011

I am from South Africa and visit England on a regular basis, Wiltshire in particular. I have stayed in the Farmers Hotel on numerous occassions, and will continue to do so. I am rather shocked at a negative review of this hotel, and feel it is excessive and over exagerated. The positive reviews are, in my mind, more realistic.

The hotel is run by a charming young lady, always polite and friendly and bends over backwards to help her patrons. The rooms are clean, neat and comfortable. There are televisions in the rooms and adequate modern amenities with kettles, tea/coffee trays etc. Yes, the bathrooms may not be of a 5 star standard, but remember you are not paying 5 star prices either!

I believe the hotel is a Grade 2 listed building, and the rooms are characteristic in keeping with the unique old world charm of the hotel.

The food is outstanding......one would be hard pressed to find better food at such reasonable prices anywhere in Wiltshire! The Italian chef has some wonderful dishes on the menu and the pastas are some of the best I have sampled in England. Breakfasts are well presented, and a full English breakfast is on offer, as well as unlimited amounts of juice, toast and tea or coffee, served by a charming Italian lady.

The hotel has a warm and friendly "home away from home" atmosphere, and the staff are always cheerful and helpful.

For 32 pounds a night for bed and breakfast, one would be hard pressed to find better value for money in the area.

I would highly recommend this hotel for its comfort, friendliness and value.

are

Room Tip: The main building of the hotel offers the best rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Have been a guest for the past few months at the Farmers, right in the heart of Warminster. The staff at the hotel are very friendly and helpful. The restaurant is lovely and the food is excellent, particularly dinner. There are busy times occasionally but the food is well worth the wait. The building itself is very old, and this is evident when you look at the walls and ceilings, but it makes for some interesting architecture (be sure to duck under doorframes if you are tall!). Rooms were clean and good value for money. Overall if you are looking for a bargain, great food and a friendly atmosphere this is the place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I got put into a decrepit building over the road from the main hotel.

It was filthy, there was a film of grease/scum over most surfaces and the carpets were stained and threadbare. There were holes and cracks in the walls and ceilings.

The TV was cracked as if it had been dropped or thrown. The door handle was broken, the bathroom fixtures were broken; exposing electrical components. The window was jammed. The bedside lamp was broken. The door frame had previously been broken and had been cobbled back together.

The stairs are very steep, poorly lit and have no handrail. The communal areas are a filthy warren of dark corridors and fire doors. The smoke seals on the fire doors were broken..

The linen provided seemed clean but I observed small (0.1mm) black deposits around the valance and mattress seams.

This place is a thoroughly depressing, in my opinion dangerous, building that is being used as a hotel, probably to avoid having to try and register the place as an HMO with the local authority. On the subject of the local authority, I was informed that they place people in this establishment if they are homeless. If this is the case, they should be ashamed.

On the plus side, the staff were very friendly, I think they do the best they can with a building that is not fit for purpose and under-invested in. The owner/ manager very kindly agreed to let me leave without paying.

Frankly, I still feel itchy thinking about this place. Days later, I still feel guilty for exposing my family to this environment.

Room Tip: If you must stay in this place, make certain that you will not be staying in any of the rooms over t...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Russ296
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Stayed in the farmers hotel for a weekend trip to longleat safari park. It was situated right in the town centre and was close to the attraction we were visiting. Family running the hotel were very pleasant and the room we stayed in was spacious and very clean. Breakfast was lovely!!

• Stayed: August 2011