Situated just a short stroll from the Promenade in Portstewart, this excellent B&B is an ideal base for a stay on the North Coast. I have just had a short 3 night stay there, and was very impressed indeed.
The hosts, Marie and JJ, are very warm and welcoming, and the facilities are excellent for this price bracket. I had a single room with en suite facilities for £30 per night. While the room was a little on the narrow side, and the shower cubicle a bit small, I have encountered much smaller single rooms elsewhere. There was a hospitality tray provided, as well as all the other things one would normally expect - television, hairdryer, ample good quality towels, changed daily - and most important of all, a very comfortable bed together with plenty of storage. There is also a comfortable television lounge for guests.
The best part of all was the breakfast. Each morning I had fruit juice followed by porridge and a very tasty fry - sausages, bacon, egg, tomato, soda bread and potato bread - together with a pot of tea and ample toast and wheaten bread. There are other options available e.g. omelette or scrambled egg on a toasted muffin and a wide selection of cereals etc to choose from.
The only slight drawback I could see is the potential difficulty in parking at busy times, as they have the capacity for over 20 guests at a time, but I understand they are currently in the process of developing their own dedicated car park which will be available by next year.
All in all, if you are looking for clean comfortable accommodation with friendly hosts and excellent food, I would certainly recommend giving Cul-Erg a try, or at the very least have a look at their informative website.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cul-Erg House is a modern 4Star B&B situated only a 2 min walk to Portstewart promenade where a range of restaurants, bars and coffee shops can be found. All rooms are en-suite with flat screen TVs, toiletries and fluffy towels. We are close to all local Golf Clubs and only a short drive to the main Tourist attractions, the Giant Causeway and Bushmills Distillery. Belfast is only 1 hr drive and 50 mins to Derry. Breakfast can be enjoyed in a spacious dining room. Guests can select from a range of local produce from the breakfast bar and order a hot dish from the breakfast menu provided. Hi speed wireless internet is available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cul Erg Bed and Breakfast Portstewart reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cul Erg b&b Portstewart
- Cul Erg Bed And Breakfast Portstewart Hotel Portstewart
- Cul Erg Bed And Breakfast Portstewart Northern Ireland