We spent two nights at the Anchorage Inn. We used it as a base to explore the nearby Dunluce Castle, Giant's Causeway, Bushmill's distillery, Carrick a rede and Glenariff Forest Park (all very recommended). The room was very modern, the bed was very fluffy, and the shower worked well. The booked through Booking.com and found the place to be excellent value for money.
The hotel has a bar attached to it downstairs and a nightclub! We joined in the fun and danced in the club till close. It was great to have a club in the building. The staff was wonderful at opening secret inter-joining doors whenever we needed to go to our rooms quickly to pick up and drop off something.
the bar was also fun with live music (we stayed on a Thursday and Friday night)
It is true a lot of locals tend to congregate outside but the windows are very well insulated (we could not hear anything) and even when we had our window open after we got back, they dissipated almost immediately after the club closed.
Breakfast in included and freshly prepared.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Guest Inn boasts 20 cosmopolitan style en suite bedrooms, all of which are finished to the highest standards. The multi Award winning Anchor Bar was established in 1898 and has won many accolades in recent years including Best Visitor/Tourism Pub and Northern Irelands Pub Food of the year 2014. Residents have complimentary access to all areas of our entertainment during their stay with us... The perfect way to use up that extra energy before bedtime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Anchorage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Anchorage Hotel Portstewart
- Anchorage Hotel Portstewart
- The Anchorage Inn Portstewart, Northern Ireland