“Beware of Caddy Assignments!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Portstewart Golf Club
Amelia Island, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 111 helpful votes
“Beware of Caddy Assignments!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The course itself is awesome, but my caddy experience seriously marred the experience. I am far from an accomplished golfer, but have always enjoyed the performance enhancement that results from hiring a caddy. A caddy at Portstewart today sets you back a very hefty £40, plus tip. I had arranged for a caddy months ago and was very surprised when I was assigned a very young (16) kid. I inquired of the Caddymaster if this was a "junior caddy," as, at other courses in Ireland (albeit in the Republic of Ireland) with which I am familiar, a junior caddy costs half to 2/3rds what a more experienced bag carrier/ coach will cost. Z"oh, he's a wonderful golfer,x" the Caddymaster replied. Stupidly, I went ahead. I really should have sent the young kid packing after just a few holes. My stupidity: the kid was positively horrible! Maybe he can play golf, but he could not advise me at all, and couldn't even find my balls. The Caddymaster should be reprimanded for taking advantage of a guest in this manner. It really left a bad taste in my mouth, so beware and don't make the same mistakevIbdid!

Visited June 2013
3 Thank aowats

Toronto
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Delicious”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

We only had the opportunity to eat at the restaurant but we were impressed. The view from the dining room can't be beat and the food was excellent and the prices were excellent.

Visited May 2013
Belfast
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great food and best view in Northern Ireland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a Members only golf club. Never had a bad meal, though friends have. Fantastic view which must surely be the best from any bar or restaurant in Northern Ireland.

Visited April 2013
Co Tyrone
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Most enjoyable day out.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Excellent course in a wonderful setting,
Staff very courteous and helpful. Looking forward to a return visit.

Visited September 2012
Buckinghamshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A front nine to die for !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Portrush, Turnberry, Wentworth I'm sorry but nothing compares to the first nine holes at Portstewart... you are truly in golfing heaven amongst the dunes wedged between the white sand beach and the picturesque river. The opening hole is second to none!

Visited February 2013