“A decent Italian at last !”
Review of Karlitos - CLOSED

Karlitos
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

Choose here as a "last meal of 2012 " ! The four of us were sat down without fuss with the proviso that we vacated the table for 8.00 oclock , did we need to know as we sat down at 6 ?

Well i suppose it was New Years Eve forgive them for that.

Meal was good wih the staff obviously very busy and being attentive to our needs. Packed up quickly as word is getting around that the new Italian in the seaside town is well worth a visit.

Sum up as a worthly addition to the Triangle !

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I have visited Karlitos a couple of times now and each time has been a very enjoyable experience.
Staff were attentive & friendly. It has a lovely relaxed atmosphere, the food is gorgeous and inexpensive and the 'Bring your own' a bonus.
My favourite dish would be the Curried chicken pasta, but have tasted the pizzas too and are also tasty. Look out for the specials on the board also.
All round thumbs up!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Service - very poor and slow, waiting 50 minutes just for starter - instead of Bruschetta we were given a salad.
Cleanliness - poor, some strange things attached to the surface of the table. Cuttlery not clean either.
Food quality - very poor, pizza was black, extremely firm, almost impossible to chew. Pasta was far away from fresh pasta which should be served in Italian restaurant. It looked like pre-cooked pasta which was put into microwave oven. The worst pasta I ever had, nothing to do with Italian pasta at all. I love Italian food mainly because it's fresh it's light but this was anything else but fresh and light.
Complete disappointment. Will never go back.

2  Thank PhilS17
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We were their first customers for the evening when we arrived at 5pm. My first thought upon entering was how cosy the place looked but when we sat down, I felt soooo cold!! No heating??We weren't the only ones who sat with our coats ON throughout the meal!! I can't fault the food though at all-delicious! I had the chicken pesto pizza & my partner had the tarragon chicken which he raved about. Our toddler had plain pasta which she seemed to enjoy. When we had finished our meal, no one came to take our plates away or offer a dessert menu, tea or coffee. I would understand if the place was packed but it wasn't. We got fed up waiting & paid the bill. This is a great wee place but if the staff were more attentive to their customers, then it would be a gem of a place!

1  Thank dixiechick222
Reviewed November 5, 2012

simple but tasty food...its either pizza or pasta but all 6 of us really enjoyed our meals. really relaxed ambience and nicely decorated and whether wearing jeans or glamemd up you'll not feel out of place. Its bring your own too :)
TIP - buy your wine from Divine wine, bring receipt and you wont pay a £2 corkage!

Dont forget to book in advance as it was the only place we could get a booking for a saturday night! Gald we did though and will be back.

1  Thank Khadiga