“Mmmmmm yum yum”

Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Portstewart
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Ice- Cream parlour and Restaurant/coffee shop
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Raspberry ripple with nuts on ice cream cone. Great taste, good value. Rum & raison is good too. Friendly staff.

There are newer reviews for Morelli's

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My wife has fond memories of this place but it looks like the service is not what it was. For starters, when I went to pay with my debit card, I was rudely informed that my card had been declined. Then when I tried again with a credit card, I got the same response. I managed to dig up enough to pay cash then went outside the door to an ATM where I tried both cards and was able to withdraw cash with both. So to Morelli's: "Get yourselves a new card processing machine!!". The other issue was that my wife was told to go to the back of the line when she asked for coffee. There was no line as such, only people trying to decide what to have. The free Wi-Fi needs to be improved, as the signal is weak and inconsistent. The food menu is limited and the ice cream is ok, but Maud's is much better. The young girls to be made aware of how to treat customers, as we found them to be quite snippy.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I'm surprised people think of Morelli's as a restaurant as it has always been a coffee shop/ice cream parlour to me.

We visited several times on our recent stay in Portstewart. Coffee and tea as good as ever, cakes and scones fresh and tasty. Very reasonably priced compared to Costa or the loathsome starbucks and it still has that fantastic view!

Not sure about the pink leather seats though.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Moreeli's has always been worth a visit and although we hadn't been there for some years it has lost nothing. Prices, already reasonable, have been reduced by 10%, food is well cooked, staff are polite and helpful. It isn't a posh cafe with tablecloths but doesn't pretend to be and we went back the following evening. Can't really understand the reviews below but maybe they got a bad day or we got a good one (and a second good one).

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Living locally I have visited Morelli's quite a few times. Ice creams devine but expensive, Coffee and tray bakes equally good but expensive. Any other food was not great and there are lots of other places to eat.