“You pay for the view” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Morelli's

Morelli's
Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Portstewart
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ice- Cream parlour and Restaurant/coffee shop
Coleraine, United Kingdom
“You pay for the view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Living locally I have visited Morelli's quite a few times. Ice creams devine but expensive, Coffee and tray bakes equally good but expensive. Any other food was not great and there are lots of other places to eat.

• Visited May 2012

Belfast, United Kingdom
“should stick to ice cream”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stopped at morelli's on Monday as a party of 3 adults and 4 kids. I thought it was a safe bet due to the famous name. I couldn't have been more disappointed. In this day and age giving that it is difficult enough for people to eat out we paid £60 for 4 kids meals and 3 adults mains of fish, gougons and sausage n chips and a couple of drinks. I have to say the blase attitude of staff and poor quality of food ensures that I won't return. I own a coffee shop and also work in a hotel so know how things work, a busy bank holiday I know but come on guys the prices should ensure better quality n service with a smile. Far better food on the promenade.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jhbell
Northern Ireland
“Expensive ice cream”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2012

The range of food available is now wider than the tradional ice cream offering but the view makes up to some extent for the prices which are rather high. A lot of people come to sit and watch out of the window so a window seat is difficult to find in order to get the viw but otherwise a nice treat from time to time.

Visited September 2011
2 Thank DarrellNI
“Great ice cream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here more times than we should have done but it was hot and we were on holiday so who cares. The Ferraro rocher ice cream is out if this world. After originally opting for a mixture of 3 flavours by the 4th visit it was rocher all they way! That's not to say that the others weren't of any note, the rocher simply hit the spot. We ate our main here once as well and the Irish stew was pretty good. Best known for its ice cream though. Place has a nice diner feel to it. It would be good if the waitresses would clean your plates and glasses away when you were finished rather than waiting until you left. Also if you got your drink at the time of ordering rather than when your food came. Apart from those small details though we enjoyed our visits here.

Derry
“Excellent and honest staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

i visited Morelli's with my Mum last week. We traditionally call there for lunch when visiting Portstewart. As usual we weren't disappointed with the menu and service.The cod and chips were delicious and a jug of iced water was promptly provided on request.When we left Morelli's we visited a shop close by and I discovered when I went to pay for a few items that I had no purse.I quickly back tracked and returned to Morelli's.The waitress who had served us and cleared up our table remembered me and I was as you can imagine delighted when she produced my purse from behind the counter with the contents all enclosed. It's wonderful to find that there are still honest people round.

• Visited July 2012