“More than a cafe! Lovely as hotel food!”
Review of Harbour Cafe - CLOSED

Harbour Cafe
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

Food was lovely good sized portions! Would defs call back ;) great value too and a beautiful view on a sunny day!

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Despite the slightly arrogant and condescending comments here about the Harbour Cafe (what sort of person goes into a seaside cafe and complains that he can buy Fish and chips)
I went to this cafe / restaurant this week with my wife and five nieces on recommendation of a friend who eats regularly and I was delighted with the food, service and location. The place is very busy (even on Tuesday evening) and the staff were very quick and attentive. The menu carries a wide range of good food nearly all home cooked using locally sourced produce. The portions are good sized and well cooked. High fallutin, half cooked plate decoration is not what you get in this establishment so if want that probably best go elsewhere. The view is without equal and the prices are realistic, if you want to pay £30 per person for a spoonful of food then go elsewhere.

Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We popped in here for lunch after seeing a special on the chalkboard that I fancied and despite it not looking the smartest of places we were very very pleased.
We nearly left as we had to wait for a table but I'm glad we didn't as the food was excellent. I opted for the rump steak special wich was served on a bed of garlic break and caramelised onion with rocket on the side, I also got a side so ordered garlic fries. My wife went for the peppered chicken special and asked for fries on the side. For both meals and a soft drink each we paid around £15. Both of us were very pleased as the quality of the food was excellent. Do not be put of by the cafe appearance as they clearly have 1 very capable chef here.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We visited the harbour cafe in Portstewart which has wonderful sea views. We had a wonderful late brunch when we were on holidays. We chose to have the ‘today’s special.’ I thought it was brilliantly priced in today’s climate compared to other establishments on the Prom. I have since heard that it’s a family business and has been there for 10 years and open all year round. ‘What a wonderful winter retreat!’ yes we did have the desserts which are home-made; we had a big slice of banoffee and apple pie which was excellent!!! I would recommend this cafe to any one and oh yes I will be back!! My experience and review is contrary to the reviews on this page! The Harbour cafe in all has excellent service, + great food at reasonable prices!!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

love this place lovely food and staff! a proper cafe

1  Thank slirvine