“Pleasantly surprised”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We popped in here for lunch after seeing a special on the chalkboard that I fancied and despite it not looking the smartest of places we were very very pleased.
We nearly left as we had to wait for a table but I'm glad we didn't as the food was excellent. I opted for the rump steak special wich was served on a bed of garlic break and caramelised onion with rocket on the side, I also got a side so ordered garlic fries. My wife went for the peppered chicken special and asked for fries on the side. For both meals and a soft drink each we paid around £15. Both of us were very pleased as the quality of the food was excellent. Do not be put of by the cafe appearance as they clearly have 1 very capable chef here.

Killarney, Ireland
“Excellent!!”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

We visited the harbour cafe in Portstewart which has wonderful sea views. We had a wonderful late brunch when we were on holidays. We chose to have the ‘today’s special.’ I thought it was brilliantly priced in today’s climate compared to other establishments on the Prom. I have since heard that it’s a family business and has been there for 10 years and open all year round. ‘What a wonderful winter retreat!’ yes we did have the desserts which are home-made; we had a big slice of banoffee and apple pie which was excellent!!! I would recommend this cafe to any one and oh yes I will be back!! My experience and review is contrary to the reviews on this page! The Harbour cafe in all has excellent service, + great food at reasonable prices!!

• Visited June 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“best breakfast”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

love this place lovely food and staff! a proper cafe

Visited April 2012
1 Thank slirvine
London, United Kingdom
“avoid if you respect your arteries”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Sadly there is a large proportion of NI society who enjoy this 'cuisine'. If you don't want to eat anything that can only be cooked by deep frying - avoid.

• Visited August 2011
Boyle, Ireland
“Dont bother”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

Ive been here twice for breakfast with friends when ive been in the area and i dont understand why this place is still in business! The food is honestly disgusting and the service is quite poor. The staff aren't very friendly or efficient. I ordered cooked breakfasts the two times ive been here and both times all i could actually manage to eat was the toast. The scarmabled eggs I ordered were disgusting, smelled fouled and barely resembled eggs at all!
I will say that the cakes on display at the till look good but i havent tasted them. The locals seem to like this place but maybe it's due to a lack of choice?? I wouldnt go here again. Id rather go hungry

• Visited August 2011