“Relaxing”

The Ice House Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: European, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We provide Lunch, Evening, and a take-away service. Our bar and restaurant have extended opening hours in the summer season. Serving lunch from 1-4pm Monday to Thursday, and 12.30pm-4pm Friday to Sunday.Serving evening menu 5-8.45pm Monday to Thursday, 5-9.30pm Fri and Sat, and 5-9pm on a Sunday.Our takeaway service is available during restaurant hours, however, depending on how busy the restaurant is we may be unable to accommodate take-aways. (Particularly at weekends)We have a wide range of cocktails available made with only the freshest of ingredients.We are a child friendly restaurant, but please be aware that due to licencing laws children are not permitted to be on the premises after 9pm, so please consider this before booking a later table if you have children in your company.
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Having finished up the semester at University, my class decided to go for a meal and the locals recommended the Ice House. Now, my class is a mix of young and old and this place really caters to both. The food is top notch but the place doesn't take itself too seriously. I always prefer somewhere you can go and relax and really enjoy yourself. The bar staff were incredibly friendly and the service was simply excellent. It doesn't look like much from the outside admittedly but inside it is much bigger and vibrant, and the views are simply extraordinary. Well worth a visit to.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

have recently eaten a couple of times during the week. great that you can walk in off the street and aquire a table without too long a wait and even better you can book a table unlike other local establishments.. chilli beef pitta was superb as were the mussels both large portions for one person. food was superb and my only fault was their choice of ketchup which i mentioned. couldnt believe a week later when i returned they had upgraded their ketchup to heinz. staff are both friendly and attentive and at 5.95 i defy anyone to complain or even finish their chicken platter bar snack. all in all a little iced diamond on the north coast.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

It's incredibly expensive for what it is. We had asked if meals came with chips if it wasn't specified in the menu. The waitress said no but the portion sizes are big so don't buy a side order each to which we thought fair enough. But the portion size wasn't huge at all. My scampi £8.95 and tiny!! maybe 7 or 8 small pieces of scampi with a salad garnish and dip. But I'm not going to harp on about portion sizes or prices. I finished my "meal" and sat waiting for the others to finish. Before they were done I felt instantly unwell and ran to the toilet to be sick, I continued to feel unwell until I was ill once more while we were there and then I felt fine. Which is how I knew it was the food. Anyway, I'm a waitress have been for years and I didn't want to appear like one of those who will say anything for a free meal so we got the bill and paid (they had overcharged us as well which was another annoyance to sort out!). As we were leaving i brought our money to one of the employees and just let them know that I got ill from their food, so they can check the food in the kitchen is alright. Before I finished my sentence one of our waitresses jumped in and said I should have said something when she had done the check-back. I was so angry at this point that I just said that I was ill after the check and just left. Because I know the industry and how things should be dealt with I was so livid that 'I should have said something' at the check-back when I had tried to do things the right way and I paid for my meal that made me sick.

Apart from this lady at the end, the rest of the service was fantastic. And I do believe that I would have had an apology off the male employee if she hadn''t interrupted, which would have made a world of difference.

1  Thank kfez21
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Have recently enjoyed a lively night with friends in The Ice House and the food was generally very good, although my "medium" steak was a bit too bloody for my liking! However at £21 a head for starter, main course, a couple of shared desserts and 2 bottles of wine it really was great value and we will be back.

1  Thank Sloe G
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have dined in The Ice House before, but were very pleasantly surprised on our last visit to find that it had been given a much needed facelift, with the dining area seeming so much brighter and cleaner. It has such a lively atmosphere for a night out with friends and the food as always was really tasty - the sharing bowls of nachos as a starter should not be missed! Great atmosphere, food and service at a really reasonable cost - we will definitely be back.

1  Thank Speedyreader