“Comfy room at the seaside”
Review of Cromore Halt Inn

Cromore Halt Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Portstewart
Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Cromore halt
Overnight stay
Good comfy clean room but smallish bed

Good offer inc dinner which was fine
But limited menu
Breakfast very nice
Room all facilities
Staff friendly very good local base

for exploring the fab north coast

I would return

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank bigmacAntrim
mark l, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a lovely review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Cromore Halt. We value all feedback as it enables us to improve our facilities and services. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Cromore Halt and we look forward to the welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 9, 2014

Stayed here this weekend as a group taking part in a workshop at The Flowerfields centre. I was very impressed by the size of our bedroom - we had a double bed and a single bed in the room but the lay out made the room seem very spacious. Everything was very clean and serviceable. Perhaps a couple more hand towels in the bathroom would be good and our curtain was a little frayed but that said it didn't spoil my stay. The staff were efficient, accommodating and very friendly. We ate in the restaurant on Saturday evening which was a good experience. The food was very tasty, the place was buzzy and it was good value for money. Our breakfast was excellent the following morning also.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ulsteron2ur
MarkCromore, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Hi - I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at Cromore Halt. We welcome all feedback as it enables us to improve our facilities and services. I would like to thank you for taking time from you busy schedule to provide us with a positive review and we really value your feedback. Thank you for choosing to stay at Cromore Halt and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Carol

Reviewed May 26, 2014

We had rooms at the Cromore. Excellent position on circuit Easy walking distance from front . Staff couldn't have been friendlier and helpful. Excellent rooms and food. Great place to stay. Jon Davis Taunton

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
mark l, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Dear Jon,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your kind comments to our staff. We strive to maintain the highest standards of cuisine and service at all times. We value and appreciate feedback from all of our customers as it helps us to improve upon this. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cromore Halt in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 7, 2014

We stayed on a Friday night as part of a Treat Ticket deal. I phoned on the Monday and they were able to accommodate us on the Friday night which was great. We were checked in by a friendly lady who gave us info on the area and the meal which was part of the deal. Our room was really spacious with a double and single bed. Bathroom was spotless with complimentary toiletries.Free wifi which was great too.
There is a set meal for the Treat Ticket deal and I fancied something off the main menu which they were happy to provide at a supplement. A bottle of wine was only £8.95
All in all a cracking deal and I would return to stay and use the restaurant again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NICOLAMAC22
mark l, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am delighted to hear that you have had an enjoyable stay with us at the Cromore Halt. Our staff strive to maintain the highest standards of cuisine and service at all times. I am also pleased to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful and I will pass these comments on to our staff.
We appreciate and value all feedback from our customers as it helps us to improve.
We look forward to welcoming you all back to the Cromore Halt in the near future.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed in the Cromore Halt with my young family for 1 night at the start of May.Our first impressions were very good, the building is clean and tidy, plenty of parking, much more than the B&B we were expecting!
On arrival the receptionist was very friendly and made us feel welcome.
Our family room was very spacious and clean. I also noticed we had no rooms beside us which made us feel at ease when my daughters created a little more noise than I would have liked!
The only slight negative I have is that the Cromore is beside a filling station and there was a little more traffic noise than I would have ideally liked, but thankfully Portstewart doesn't have much night life so the traffic soon stopped!
We had a full Ulster fry for breakfast and this was supplemented by fresh fruit, cereal, youghurt, croissants, tea, coffee ...... all very nice!
Overall we enjoyed our stay and hope to be back again.

Room Tip: Room 9 is a family room with 2 double beds
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank justtoohard

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Cromore Halt. I will pass on your kind comments to our staff. Our staff strive to maintain the highest standards of cuisine and service at all times and I happy that these standards have been achieved. We really appreciate and value feedback from all of our customers as it enables us to improve.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cromore Halt in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

My girlfiend and I stayed for one night using the Treat Ticket deal and we were very impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel and how friendly the staff were. We had dinner in the bistro which was great sized portions and a lot of locals were having dinner which shows it's well thought of locally in the Portstewart area. Breakfast was amazing - fry cooked to order and the croissants were amazing!

The only few small things were not being able to control the temperature in the rooms - it was far too warm at night, and the curtains were in bad condition with tears, they have clearly been there for quite some time. But neither of these things would put us off going back as they could easily be fixed.

Also loads of free parking and a service station with a super valu beside the hotel. I'd highly recommend it for a short break.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Cromore Halt. Our staff strive to maintain the highest standards of service and cuisine at all times. I will pass on your kind comments to our staff. We appreciated and value feedback from all of our customers as it enables us to improve our facilities and services.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cromore Halt in the near future.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Our 1st time eating here and sorry to say it will be the last, we have eaten out in loads of places and i have not complained about any meal, i am a lover of duck so decided to order the half crispy duck, my hubby hab the gammon, it was ok by the way...when my duck arrived i could see at once that the skin was soggy and not crisp as expected and as ordered, i have never eaten soggy skin on a duck before and really didnt want to eat it this time either... i removed all the skin which is very thick and started to eat the duck breast, one of the waitresses came and asked if the meal was ok but i think she knew i wasnt impressed, i said i was sorry to complain but that i culdnt eat my meal, she removed it and took it to the chef, after a dhort time my meal came out again with the skin havin being dropped into a deep fat fryer to crispen it up....not good, only the outside was crispy, inside still soggy, a chef should know to make the skin lovely and crispy then it needs dried out, either on the duck or as i do, remove it and place on a roasting tin...the meal was expensive enough without it being soggy, would i recommend the cromore for a meal, yes it is ok, clean, friendly staff but they are not good at doin crispy duck and i have had quite a few over the years, sorry but do not order it if you go there for a meal... i can recommend the desserts, the ones we ate were heavenly, i had cromore cheesecake and hubby had sticky toffee pudding, yum yum....

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
mark l, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2014

Dear Carol,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the Duck and I would like to apologise to you in person. If you could make yourself known to me I will certainly be happy to discuss the matter further. At the Cromore Halt we pride ourselves on our high standards of cuisine and service and I am sorry that on this occasion our high standards were not achieved. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your deserts and are happy to recommend them. We value all of our customers and all the feedback we receive helps us to improve. I hope to welcome you back to the Cromore in the near future.
Kind Regards

Also consider these accommodations in or near Portstewart
The Anchorage Inn
#1 of 3 in Bushmills
Magherabuoy House Hotel
Magherabuoy House Hotel
#5 of 8 in Portrush

Been to Cromore Halt Inn? Share your experiences!