Cromore Halt Inn
Inn on the Coast(Portrush)(Great Value!)
$107
Hotels.com
$184
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Port Hotel(Portrush)(Great Value!)
$88
  • Restaurant
$250
The Anchorage Inn(Portstewart)
TripAdvisor
GolfLinks Hotel(Portrush)
Travelocity
All reviewsresidents loungegood sizenight porterfree wificooked breakfastnext morningrooms were very cleanone night stayrelaxing breakpleasant staygreat place to stayroom was largewell worth a visitmy mummain coursethree nightscouldn't do enough
Reviewed September 15, 2013

A group of us stayed the night last night, and had an overall positive experience.
The good...
The room was basic and clean. The hotel and restaurant staff were very nice. No bar, but you can order drinks and have them delivered to a lounge type room with comfy chairs and couches. This was good for our group, as we could have good conversation and all sit together. Most everyone enjoyed their dinner and breakfast.
Room for improvement...
Internet didn't work in our room...had to go to the lounge.
I had scampie for dinner and didn't really enjoy it. Batter on them was much too heavy and greasy. The sea bass was excellent some of the others said. We has one dinner that was brought first and her side was kind of forgotten, so when the side came, her dinner was cold. For breakfast, mine was forgotten...so it came late and the eggs weren't cooked (I guess the were in a hurry to get it out). I didn't bother complaining. There were 11 of us, so you can expect some problems. Our room and bathroom doors were very tight and noisy.
All in all the negatives weren't that big a deal. The location is a 2 min drive to the seafront.... Generally too far to walk.
I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank orchickie
mark l, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Orchickie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on our trip advisor. We value all feedback from our customers as it helps us to improve our service. I am pleased to hear that your party enjoyed their stay with us and that in general you had a pleasant experience. I would like to apologise for the delay with one of your breakfasts and I am sorry to hear that your eggs were not cooked to your liking. Our chef's are usually very good at catering to the requests of our residents so please the next time you come to visit please ask.

We hope to welcome you back to Cromore Halt in the near future,

Reviewed September 10, 2013

An extremely comfortable and spotlessly clean hotel. This was my second stay and staff reinforced my opinion of their customer service, which is excellent. I would highly recommend a stay at the Cromore Halt food too is very good. Breakfast will keep you going all day and if you decide to have dinner their, the menu is varied and of a high standard whilst affordable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Caroline O
mark l, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Dear Caroline,
I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review.
I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found our customer care to be excellent. We value feedback from all of our customers as it helps us to maintain and improve upon our high standards of service, cuisine and facilities. Thank you for choosing to return to the Cromore and for recommending us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cromore in the near future.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed at this inn for three nights in Sept.. The staff were very helpful at all times and breakfasts were something special. The rooms were very clean although double beds very small.Good location with a 15 min walk into Portstewart

Room Tip: Double Beds are small if you are over 6ft.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Malcolm M

Dear Malcolm,
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review.
I am delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found our facilities and service to be of a high standard. We strive to maintain the highest standards of cuisine, service and facilities at all times. We value feedback from all of our customers and I will pass on your comments to all of our staff.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cromore in the near future.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. There was a separate gluten-free menu for my evening meal and gluten-free bread was provided for breakfast. Parking was free.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PWJL

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a lovely review.
I am happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I will pass your kind comments on to all of our staff. We do our best to cater for all of our customers dietary requirements. We value feedback from our customers as it helps us to improve and maintain the highest standards. I would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Cromore and hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Lovely meal for four, we had ranging from steaks to chicken. however PLEASE sort out that BBQ dip. Was like flavoured water. Will still return in near future for a meal. Good location and very friendly staff

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Mack1971
mark l, Manager at Cromore Halt Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your meal experience with us at the Cromore.
We value feedback from all our customers as it enables us to improve our service and facilities.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Cromore in the near future.